Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Kalua Pig recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kalua Pig recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that many people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, merely making some minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kalua pig recipe. To cook kalua pig you only need 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kalua Pig:
- Use 1 of bone in Boston butt pork shoulder 4-6 lbs.
- Prepare 6 of thick cut slices bacon.
- Provide 5 of garlic cloves peeled & thinly sliced.
- Use 1 of coarse sea salt approximately 1/2 teaspoon per pound of meat.
- You need 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
Instructions to make Kalua Pig:
- Line a crock pot with 3 slices of the bacon.
- Using a paring knife, stab holes all over the meat concentrating on the top & sides. Insert the garlic slices into the holes..
- Sprinkle & rub the sea salt all over the meat & into the spaces between the muscles, using approximately 1/2 teaspoon per pound. Remember, you can add salt, but it's hard to unsalt..
- Place the butt in crock pot..
- Drizzle with the liquid smoke..
- Lay the remaining 3 slices of bacon on top of the butt. Let excess hang over sides..
- Cover & cook on high 4-6 hours..
If you find this Kalua Pig recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.