Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine). Umeshu (梅酒) is a Japanese liqueur made by steeping ume plums (while still unripe and green) in liquor (焼酎, shōchū) and sugar. Famous brands of umeshu include Choya, Takara Shuzo and Matsuyuki. Plum Wine or Umeshu (梅酒) is a Japanese liqueur made by steeping fresh Japanese plum (ume) in shochu/white liquor and sugar.
And today Martina is gonna show you how to make Japanese Plum Wine, aka Umeshu. I share her tips for homemade Umesh! Making plum wine is her annual event in June and this was my first time to make it together.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, umeshu (japanese plum wine). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine) is something which I have loved my whole life.
Umeshu (梅酒) is a Japanese liqueur made by steeping ume plums (while still unripe and green) in liquor (焼酎, shōchū) and sugar. Famous brands of umeshu include Choya, Takara Shuzo and Matsuyuki. Plum Wine or Umeshu (梅酒) is a Japanese liqueur made by steeping fresh Japanese plum (ume) in shochu/white liquor and sugar.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have umeshu (japanese plum wine) using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine):
- Prepare of Japanese green ume plums (You can buy from Mitsuwa and Nijiya, Marukai if you are in the United States. Only available for a short window in the early Summer.).
- Get of Rock sugar.
- Prepare of White liqueur (Best to use 24%~35% liqueur).
I really enjoyed it and also found out how easy to make it. Most people call it "plum wine," but it's technically a cordial or liqueur. This sweet, fruity liquor is super easy to make, requires few ingredients, and In this post, I'll take you through the process of making umeshu, which is a sweet cordial made from the ume plums. Most people call it "plum wine," but it's.
Steps to make Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine):
- Wash and sterilize your jar with boiled water, and dry off the jar..
- Wash the plums and remove the stems. The stems are small and deep, so use a toothpick..
- Dry off the plums and leave it on clean cloth for a half day..
- Put a layer of ume plums in the jar, then a layer of rock sugar. Repeat until all the sugar and plums are used up, and pour the white liqueur into the jar until it just covers the topmost layer of plums..
- Put the lid on the jar securely and store the plums in cool, dark place. Shake the jar everyday until rock sugar dissolves..
- After 6 months, the Umeshu is ready to drink. Enjoy!.
Umeshu, or plum wine, is a popular sweet drink inside and outside Japan. This tasty drink is a great aperitif and also wonderful as a dessert wine after dinner. The plums for Umeshu need to be Japanese green plums which are very sour and inedible raw, not the red plums you can buy at local. Great recipe for Umeshu – Japanese plum wine. Homemade plum wine is super easy to make and amazingly tastes good.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food umeshu (japanese plum wine) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!