Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken & Chorizo Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken & Chorizo Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, merely making a couple of small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken & chorizo salad recipe. You can have chicken & chorizo salad using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken & Chorizo Salad:
- Get of Baby Gem Lettuce.
- Use of Cucumber.
- Get of Small Red Onion.
- Use of Egg Cup Red And White Quinoa.
- Prepare of Carrot.
- Get of Handfull Spinich.
- Provide of Handfull Rocket.
- Get of Red Amaranth (For Garnish, Any Edible Flower Will Do, I Just Like The Colour Of Amaranth).
- Get of Pea Shoots (For Garnish, Lambs Lettuce Works Also).
- Use of Chorizo (I Prefer Pre Sliced As Usally A lower Fat Content, But Good Quality Essential).
- Prepare of Chicken (Use Leftovers Or Grilled If Avalible But I Like To Poach In Garlic And Tarragon).
Steps to make Chicken & Chorizo Salad:
- Boil Your Quinoa The Day Before And Keep In Fridge. Ratio Of 1.1 Grain To Water.
- Cut All Your Veg And Seperate For Ease When Plating. Baby Gem: Roughly Chop. Cucumber: De-Seed (Cut Legnthways Then Run A Spoon Down The Centre) Then Dice. Onion: Dice Carrot: Ribbon (I Use A Peeler Then Cut Legnthways) 5/6 Will Do.
- Mix Onion, Cucumber, Spinich, Baby Gem, Rocket And Quinoa Together. Mix Gently With Clean, Dry Hands Or With Gloves To Keep The Integerity Of the Ingredients..
- Place A Good Handfull Of The Salad In Your Bowl/Plate. Roll The Chorizo Slices And Place On Top With The Chicken In A Six Point Star Formation..
- Arrange The Carrot Ribbons Off Centre In A Zig-Zag Formation..
- Put A Good Pinch Off Pea Shoots In Centre. Tight And High. Sprinkle Over The Amaranth..
- Serve With Your Favourite Dressing/Glaze. My Preference Is A Hot Mustard Vinegerete..
If you find this Chicken & Chorizo Salad recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.