Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect 4 Bean Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 4 Bean Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically assume that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One wholesome option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to 4 bean salad recipe. You can have 4 bean salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make 4 Bean Salad:
- You need 1 can of (14.5oz) cut green beans – drained and rinsed.
- Take 1 can of (14.5oz) yellow wax beans – drained and rinsed.
- Take 1 can of (15oz) dark red kidney beans – drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of (15oz) garbanzo beans (chick peas) – drained and rinsed.
- Get 1/2 cup of diced red onion.
- Get 1/4 cup of diced green bell pepper (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Take 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Get 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
Steps to make 4 Bean Salad:
- If you can, use low sodium unsalted beans. Open and dump all of your beans into a collander, rinse with cold lightly running water gently tossing to ensure you rinse off all the canned juices. This removes any "tinny" flavors. Allow to sit about 15 minutes to drain..
- Meanwhile dice your onions and bell peppers, and make your vinaigrette. In a large bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar and salt are dissolved. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking continuously..
- Gently this the beans once more to shake off excess water still clinging on. Slowly pour beans into bowl of vinaigrette. Add onion and green pepper and gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Overnight is best for the flavors to really meld, so this is a great "make ahead" dish!.
- To serve: Because "evoo" solidifies when cold, remove salad from fridge and let sit out about 30 minutes before serving. Give it another stir to redistribute vinaigrette, dish up and enjoy!.
If you find this 4 Bean Salad recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.