Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for 4 Bean Salad recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect 4 Bean Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 4 Bean Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These sorts of changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. While you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to 4 bean salad recipe. You can cook 4 bean salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook 4 Bean Salad:
- You need of (14.5oz) cut green beans – drained and rinsed.
- Get of (14.5oz) yellow wax beans – drained and rinsed.
- You need of (15oz) dark red kidney beans – drained and rinsed.
- Use of (15oz) garbanzo beans (chick peas) – drained and rinsed.
- Get of diced red onion.
- You need of diced green bell pepper (optional).
- You need of apple cider vinegar.
- Take of granulated sugar.
- You need of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of salt.
- Get of black pepper.
Instructions to make 4 Bean Salad:
- If you can, use low sodium unsalted beans. Open and dump all of your beans into a collander, rinse with cold lightly running water gently tossing to ensure you rinse off all the canned juices. This removes any "tinny" flavors. Allow to sit about 15 minutes to drain..
- Meanwhile dice your onions and bell peppers, and make your vinaigrette. In a large bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar and salt are dissolved. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking continuously..
- Gently this the beans once more to shake off excess water still clinging on. Slowly pour beans into bowl of vinaigrette. Add onion and green pepper and gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Overnight is best for the flavors to really meld, so this is a great "make ahead" dish!.
- To serve: Because "evoo" solidifies when cold, remove salad from fridge and let sit out about 30 minutes before serving. Give it another stir to redistribute vinaigrette, dish up and enjoy!.
If you find this 4 Bean Salad recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.