Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Crock Pot Roast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crock Pot Roast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to crock pot roast recipe. To cook crock pot roast you need 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Crock Pot Roast:
- Take 1.5 Lb of Chuck Shoulder English Roast (Beef).
- Take 4 Tbsp of Beef Soup Base.
- Get 1 1/2 Tbsp of Thyme.
- Provide 1 Tsp of Garlic Salt.
- Provide 1 Tsp of Onion Powder.
- Get 1 Tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 5 Dashes of Salt.
- You need 1 Pkg of Onion Soup Mix.
- Provide 3-3 1/2 cups of Water.
Steps to make Crock Pot Roast:
- Season roast all over with thyme, onion powder, garlic salt, and salt and pepper. Put in crock pot..
- Scoop beef base into measuring cup and add 1 1/2 cups of hot water. Stir to break down soup base. Pour into crock pot..
- Mix onion soup package with 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water. *** Watch the water level, do not go over the roast. About 1/5 of the roast should alway be visible..
- Cook on high for 4 hrs. Turn roast, then cook on low for another 4 hrs. (It is done after 2 hrs on low but I leave it fermenting until dinner, usually total on low for 4 hrs.) ***Make gravy from the broth. Scoop 2 1/2 cups of broth, bring almost to a boil. Mix 2 Tbsp cornstarch with a 1/4 cup cold water, then add stirring constantly. Thicking while bringing to a boil. ENJOY!.
Served with a simple brown gravy, carrots and potatoes, it's a homey and delicious Sunday supper or weeknight dinner. This pot roast in the crockpot is simply perfection. The pot roast comes out unbelievably fall-apart tender in the slow cooker with the most perfect gravy that you can make from the cooking juices. Cut up potatoes and carrots to desired size and place in bottom of crock pot. Cover with onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup, and stir it together until everything is nicely coated.
If you find this Crock Pot Roast recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.