Homemade Corn Flour Tortillas. These Homemade Corn Tortillas are still the most popular recipe on the site, so if you're new to them please consider giving it a go! I've updated this post with tips for the most common obstacles you'll encounter when making tortillas for the first time — plus some brand options if you're new to Masa. Nothing beats homemade tortillas made from scratch!
Making homemade tortillas is not as hard as you think & much cheaper than store bought. Today we make corn tortilla and flour tortilla then make a combined. After learning how to make homemade flour tortillas earlier this month, it's time to learn how to make their famous (and naturally gluten-free.
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, homemade corn flour tortillas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
These Homemade Corn Tortillas are still the most popular recipe on the site, so if you're new to them please consider giving it a go! I've updated this post with tips for the most common obstacles you'll encounter when making tortillas for the first time — plus some brand options if you're new to Masa. Nothing beats homemade tortillas made from scratch!
Homemade Corn Flour Tortillas is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Homemade Corn Flour Tortillas is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook homemade corn flour tortillas using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Corn Flour Tortillas:
- Prepare of corn flour.
- Take of all-purpose or bread flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- Get of shortening, butter or lard (45 g).
- Make ready of water (180 ml).
Homemade Corn Tortillas are the absolute best! They have the freshest flavor and a perfect texture. They're made with just three humble ingredients and with a tortilla press they are super fast and easy to make! Also try my recipe for Homemade Flour Tortillas, they're addictive!
Steps to make Homemade Corn Flour Tortillas:
- Mix the flours and salt together in a bowl. Add the shortening/butter/lard in small pieces and crumble it into the flour with your hands until it's sandy..
- Slowly add the water and mix with hands until the dough comes together enough that you can shape it into a ball without it falling apart..
- Remove the dough ball onto a floured surface and knead with the palm of your hand until it's soft and smooth, 5-10 minutes..
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each piece into a small ball..
- Return the balls to the bowl and cover with a clean, moist cloth or plastic wrap. Let rest for 30 minutes..
- Heat a flat frying pan or griddle on medium (without oil). When hot, form a ball into a flat, round shape with your fingers (about 4 inches round and 2~3 mm thick)..
- Put it into the hot pan and cook on one side until you see little bubbles and the bottom is lightly browned (about 1-2 minutes)..
- Flip over and lightly brown the other side for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Don't over cook or they will get stiff!.
- Remove the cooked tortilla onto plate covered with a clean tea towel or cloth, and cover the tortilla with the cloth to keep warm and moist..
- Repeat with the process with the rest of the dough balls until all are cooked. Stuff with your favorite fillings and enjoy!.
- If you have leftover tortillas or make extra, let them cool off and then store in a plastic bag. To reheat, wrap in plastic wrap and microwave for 20-30 seconds OR wrap in aluminum foil and heat in a 350°F/180°C oven for 10 minutes..
Making your own Homemade Corn Tortillas is an easy way to add more homemade deliciousness to taco night with your very own, hot-off-the-pan corn Why not kick your weekly habit up a notch with these homemade corn tortillas? I have to admit – if given the choice between flour and corn. Mix the flours and salt together in a bowl. Add the shortening/butter/lard in small pieces and crumble it into the flour with your hands until it 's sandy. Homemade corn tortilla recipe yields flexible wraps perfect for taco night!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food homemade corn flour tortillas recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!