Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie).
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, pastelon de platano y carne (sweet plaintain and meat pie). One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have pastelon de platano y carne (sweet plaintain and meat pie) using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie):
- Get of Meat filling.
- Prepare of Ground beef.
- Make ready of Bacon or salt pork chopped.
- Make ready of Apple sauce unsweetened.
- Prepare of hard boiled eggs chopped.
- Take of Ham flavor bullion.
- Get of Sazon goya.
- Make ready of Diced onion.
- Get of Diced tomato.
- Take of Diced sweet peppers.
- Prepare of Spanish olives w/pimento chopped.
- Prepare of Oregano,Cumin, Cilantro.
- Get of Sofrito (see recipe).
- Make ready of Tomato sauce.
- Get of Plaintain mix.
- Take of Sweet plaintains (yellow/ black skin).
- Get of Butter.
- Take of heavy cream or milk.
- Make ready of Salt.
- Get of Parmesan cheese.
Instructions to make Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie):
- Cut plaintain ends and into thirds. Boil in salted water with skin until fork tender..
- Cook bacon and brown your meat in the drippins. Add chopped and diced veggies, bullion, sazon, sofrito and spices. Cook until veggies are translucent, about 5 mins. And applesauce, tomato sauce and chopped eggs. Simmer on low until all the ingredients are combined. Taste and add your own flavors as necessary. Mix should have a bit of sweetness to it..
- Preheat oven and butter your lasagna pan. Set aside..
- The plaintains should be ready when the skin starts to separate from the plaintain. Remove skin and mash with butter,milk and cheese..
- Place 1/2 of plaintain mix on bottom of pan and spread evenly, Add all of the meat mix( I use a strainer to drain any oils from meat before dropping into pan). Pour remaining plaintain mix and spread evenly. Sprinkle any type of cheese as desired on top of pastelon. (I use fresh grated parm).
- Heat in oven for 30 mins until bubbly and enjoy! Buen Provecho mi gente!.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food pastelon de platano y carne (sweet plaintain and meat pie) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!