Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Josiah's Magic Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Josiah's Magic Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Josiah's Magic Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Enhancing Snacks.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of well being. If we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. This is often a problem, nevertheless, when it comes to eating between snacks. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
Probably the most popular snack foods is yogurt. Eating fat free yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch isn’t a good idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the greatest things you can reach for. It is a protein-rich source of healthy minerals and vitamins. Yogurt is often eaten to help manage the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Easy hint: select unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. This reduces your sugar intake without minimizing the taste of your snack.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to josiah's magic chocolate coconut rum balls recipe. To cook josiah's magic chocolate coconut rum balls you only need 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Josiah's Magic Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls:
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Provide 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Provide 4 tablespoons of water.
- Use 3 cups of dark chocolate chips.
- Take 3 of eggs.
- Use 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Use 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cup of coconut flakes | DIVIDED.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Get 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1 cup of coconut flakes.
- Provide 38 g of ABV.
- Take 1.5 cups of Rum.
- Take 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
Steps to make Josiah's Magic Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls:
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling..
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth..
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla..
- Stir flour, baking soda, salt, ABV, and 1 cup coconut flakes (you'll be using the rest later) into the chocolate mixture..
- Spread evenly into 2 medium sized greased pans (or just cook one batch at a time, if you don't have 2)..
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes (don't worry about slightly overcooking, just don't under-cook)..
- Remove from pan in medium sized chunks and let cool..
- Leave out overnight, and uncovered. Let them get stale..
- In the morning break everything into small pieces into a large bowl..
- Pour in the Rum, and mix until you've got a thick, gooey batter..
- Scoop into teaspoon sized balls, and place onto lined plate, or cookie sheet. Balls will be hard to form, don't worry about it. Place the plate/sheet into the fridge for about 15-20min. This will make them firm up, for the final formation..
- After removing from the fridge pour a bit of coconut flakes (you should still have 1 cup left for this) into your hand, and roll the ball around in it, forming it as you go..
- Once formed and covered in the coconut flakes, drop the balls into a bowl of powdered sugar, and give them a good roll..
- Set the rum balls onto a plate, and place it into the fridge for about 15-20 minutes..
- Remove from fridge and serve! Feel free to leave them out, as they won't melt at room temperature..
These coconut rum balls tasted sooooo good and were very easy to make. I used crushed almonds instead of walnuts because I can't stand walnuts and they turned out great. I made them a week ahead and put them in tin cans made EXCELLENT Christmas gifts and stored well in the fridge. The only problem was after you roll. Blend in corn syrup and rum.
If you find this Josiah's Magic Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.