Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It may be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vietnamese beef stew (bo kho) recipe. To cook vietnamese beef stew (bo kho) you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho):
- You need of beef cubes (preferably the one with some marbling).
- Take of tsp sugar.
- Provide of chicken stock powder (can be skipped).
- Get of five spice.
- Get of minced garlic.
- Take of grated ginger.
- Get of soy sauce.
- Use of lemongrass (smashed and cut into 2-3 pieces).
- You need of star anise.
- Prepare of cinnamon powder (or 1 stick).
- Provide of tomato paste.
- You need of (1/2 a can) coconut water.
- You need of carrots (cut to chunks).
- Use of water/beef stock.
- Prepare of pepper (or to your liking).
- Get of oyster sauce (optional).
- Prepare of oil.
Steps to make Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho):
- Marinate beef with sugar, ginger, (half portion of the garlic), soy sauce, 5 spice, pepper, and chicken powder. Marinate for at least 20 mins (longer is better)..
- Heat the oil on the wok or frying pan. Stir in star anise, lemongrass, the remaining portion of garlic, and cinnamon stick/powder until aromatic..
- Stir in beef cubes and brown the beef..
- Transfer the beef to pressure cooker or casserole pan (or any sauce pan that has thick bottom). Add in tomato paste, coconut water and beef stock..
- If using pressure cooker, cook for 20 mins. If using normal stove, bring the stock to boil, cover and reduced to low-medium heat, cook until meat is tender (maybe 40-60 mins)..
- Stir in the carrots, cook until carrots are tender. Taste and adjust the flavour. Add oyster sauce for a richer taste (this step is optional). Turn off the heat, the beef stew is now ready to serve!.
If you find this Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.