Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Haleem recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Haleem recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make Your Mood Better.
A lot of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we ought to keep away from them. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. There are several foods that, when you consume them, may improve your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly great at beating back depression. Just see to it that you don’t toss out the yolk. When you would like to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, specifically the yolks, are full of B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for lifting up your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that affect your mood. Eat some eggs to cheer up!
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try these tips instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to haleem recipe. You can cook haleem using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Haleem:
- Provide 1 kg of red meat(beef or mutton) boneless, cook in 5 litres of water in a large pot with 8 cloves garlic,1 inch piece chopped ginger, salt to taste , i use 2 teaspoon.
- Get 1 of mixed lentils ( 500 gms gram lentil skinned and split,250 grams black lentil skinned and split,125 gms green lentil skinned and split) soaked over night.
- Provide 500 grams of wheat(soaked overnight and then cooked with 2-3litres of water till soft and water dried, blend similarly as the lentils , alternatively use pressure cooker.
- Get 8 of onion(medium sized) thinly sliced after cutting halfway, fried in shallow pain with enough oil to cover them well, till brown and crispy.
- Take 1 of take onion out from oil spread on kitchen towel, to prevent them from being soggy.
- Use 1 of use 3/4th of onions for frying meat, rest for topping.
- Get 2 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Use 1 tbsp of garlic paste.
- Take 1 tbsp of cumin seed powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp of corriander seed powder.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 1 of salt to taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garam masala powder(alternatively use 6 cloves,12black pepper corns,2 cinnamon sticks,1 nutmeg,crushed finely to a powder).
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes medium sized finely chopped.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of oil for frying meat, use the left over from fried onion as mentioned above.
- Prepare 1 of fresh corriander leaves chopped for topping.
- You need 5 of green chillies finely sliced for topping.
- Get 3 of lemons cut halfway for squeezing on top.
- Provide 1 of fresh ginger thinly cut in long strips for topping.
Instructions to make Haleem:
- red meat(beef or mutton) boneless, cook in 5 litres of water in a large pot with 8 cloves garlic,1 inch piece chopped ginger, salt to taste , i use 2 teaspoon,till tender and half the broth is left, take out the meat and set the broth aside for later use.
- mixed lentils ( 500 gms gram lentil skinned and split,250 grams black lentil skinned and split,125 gms green lentil skinned and split) soaked over night and then boiled in a large pot with 5 litres water including the meat stock,till very soft and excess water dried, alternatively use pressure cooker and follow the instructions of the manufacturer, blend the lentils in blender to make a smooth paste, in the original recipe you have to use a hand masher to mash lentils well when soft and still on heat but too time consuming, the trick is not to over blend so that chunks of lentil remain and the paste is NOT very slimy and smooth.
- wheat(soaked overnight and then cooked with 2-3litres of water till soft and water dried, blend similarly as the lentils , alternatively use pressure cooker.
- heat the oil in a large non stick pot,add garlic and ginger paste till golden, add 3/4 th of the fried onions,all the dry spices including the salt to taste,I use 1 tablespoon,continuously stirring for 5 min, add the tomatoes,fry till tomatoes are soft, add the cooked boneless meat(chopped in a chopper)cook for 10 min while stirring and sprinkling water to prevent sticking and over browning, till oil separates and a nice curry is formed.
- add the lentil and wheat paste n batches and vigourously stirring, cook for 30 to 45 min stirring at intervals till a nice slow dropping consistency is achieved.
- water can be added at intervals if the mixture is too thick.
- don't forget to use cooking hand gloves and apron as the mixture bubbles up while cooking.
- serve hot with 1/4 th of the fried onions, fresh corriander, ginger and lemon.
- equally good on its own or with baked flat bread(naan).
- enjoy your meal.
Abdel Haleem was born in Egypt, and learned the Qur'an by heart from childhood. Educated at al-Azhar, Cairo, and Cambridge Universities, he has taught Arabic and Islamic Studies at Cambridge. Best Haleem Recipe: Make the delicious and mushy Haleem Recipe with step by step process using ingredients like mutton,ginger paste,yoghurt,garlic paste ghee,chana dal and more on Times of India. Aamer Haleem Voice Over Your browser does not support this audio format. Haleem is a special form of food, for oral consumption.
If you find this Haleem recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.