Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Slow Cook Beef Casserole recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cook Beef Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cook Beef Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. People typically assume that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, just making a few small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cook beef casserole recipe. To cook slow cook beef casserole you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cook Beef Casserole:
- Use of beef chuck stewing – (cubed) / 16 oz ..
- Get of potato (cubed) / 16 oz ..
- Get of onion (sliced) / 9 oz ..
- You need of carrots (thick discs) / 9 oz ..
- Take of button mushrooms / 6 oz ..
- Use of celery (thick slices) / 6 oz ..
- Take of peas frozen / 3½ oz ..
- Prepare of beef stock made from cubes / 20 fl . oz . 2.
- Use of tomato purée.
- Take of thyme dried.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Take of cornstarch cornflour /.
- Get of black pepper ground.
- Prepare of onion (chopped fine) / 3½ oz ..
- Prepare of carrot (chopped fine) / 2 oz ..
- Use of celery (chopped fine) / 2 oz ..
- Use of “ Spray2Cook ” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
Instructions to make Slow Cook Beef Casserole:
- Put the potato, onion, carrots and celery in a microwavable container with 4 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 4 minutes..
- Meanwhile spray a wide based lidded pan with Spray2Cook and when the Spray2Cook is bubbling add the beef and stir and fry until browned all over..
- Add the microwaved vegetables and continue to cook with the lid on for 5 minutes. Add the stock (hot). Add the purée, thyme pepper, and bay leaves. Blend the cornstarch with a little water (adding slowly) and then add the blended cornstarch to the pan as it just starts to bubble..
- Turn the lidded pan down to a simmer or transfer to a slow cooker set at high until it again bubbles then turn down the slow cooker as needed – either way cook at a "bubbling" simmer for 4 hours..
- After 2 hours 45 minutes microwave the mirepoix vegetables with 4 tablespoons of the stock from the slow cooker for 4 minutes. Remove from the microwave, shake and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for a further 4 minutes. Again remove from the microwave, shake and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for a further 4 minutes.Blend the mirepoix vegetables with a hand blender to a paste and add together with the peas to the simmering casserole..
- Continue to simmer for the final hour of cooking time. Remove the bay leaves. Serve and enjoy..
If you find this Slow Cook Beef Casserole recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.