Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Simple Pilau recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simple Pilau recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Pilau recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple pilau recipe. To make simple pilau you only need 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Pilau:
- Provide of white rice.
- Provide of beef with bone.
- Get of beef stock.
- Use of vegetable oil.
- Use of large onions.
- Get of garlic cloves crushed.
- Take of Pilau masala.
- Use of cardamom powder.
- You need of ginger.
- Provide of Salt.
Steps to make Simple Pilau:
- Cut up beef into big cubes. The size should be bigger than the size for beef stew. Put in a pressure cooker or cooking pot with 1 teaspoon of ginger and boil until meat is tender but not falling apart. Remove the meat from the stock and save the stock for later.
- Peel and cut the onions in half and then finely slice them into semi circles..
- Peel and crush/pound the garlic in a pestle and mortar or use a garlic press if you have.
- In a cooking pot pour in the vegetable oil and let it heat up slightly before putting in the onions. Fry the onions on high heat stirring frequently.
- When the onions turn transluscent, add the spices and stir to coat in the oil. Reduce the heat/flame to medium to avoid the spices burning and becoming bitter. Keep stirring while allowing the spices to cook in the oil (about 2 minutes).
- When the onions start turning a nice pale golden brown, add the boiled beef (without the stock) and salt to your desired taste and stir to mix everything together. Cover and reduce the heat to medium. (At this point you can wash the rice). Keep checking and stirring the meat every so often until it turns brown (should take about 15 minutes).
- Once the beef has browned, create some space in the middle of the pot and put in the crushed garlic. Let the garlic cook in the oil for about 30 seconds before stirring it into the meat. Stir for another 30 seconds.
- Add the washed rice and stir to coat it in the beef and spices. Make sure everything has mixed well. Cover and keep checking every 2-3 minutes, stirring each time you check..
- After about 20 minutes the rice will have turned translucent and everything will have been incorporated well together..
- Switch on the oven to 100 degrees. Reheat the beef stock in a pot and measure out 3 cups. Pour the stock into the rice mixture and stir to mix everything together. Turn up the heat to medium high and let it come to a boil and then reduce to medium. Cover and let it cook until the stock has completely reduced. Reduce the heat to low then cover the pot with foil then with the lid for another 5 minutes. After 5 minutes transfer the pot to the oven (lower rack) and let it finish cooking (30 minutes).
- Serve the pilau when still hot..
If you find this Simple Pilau recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.