Recipe of Award-winning Lamb Neck Potjiekos
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lamb Neck Potjiekos recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lamb Neck Potjiekos recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, just making a few modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It can likewise be good for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Although you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lamb neck potjiekos recipe. To cook lamb neck potjiekos you need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lamb Neck Potjiekos:
- Get of Lamb Neck pieces.
- You need of Stewing Lamb pieces.
- You need of Beef Stock.
- Use of Medium Potatoes (cubed).
- You need of Medium Carrots roughly chopped.
- Take of Onions roughly chopped.
- You need of White Mushrooms.
- Provide of Baby Marrows (chopped).
- Prepare of Green Beans.
- Provide of Corn.
- Get of Allesverloren Fine Old Vintage Port.
- Take of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Get of Potjiekos Spice Mix (locally Sourced).
- Use of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide of no3 round, cast iron, three-legged pot.
- Prepare of Steamed Basmati Rice to serve.
Steps to make Lamb Neck Potjiekos:
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in cast iron pot over a prepared fire..
- Brown Lamb Neck and stewing pieces. Add Potjiekos Spice Mix for extra flavour..
- Remove Lamb Neck and stewing pieces from pot when browned and set aside.
- Add Allesverloren Fine Old Vintage Port to pot to deglaze and cook the alcohol for 5 minutes, until a syrupy glaze is achieved.
- Add Beef Stock, Worcestershire sauce, browned lamb meat and Soy Sauce. Allow to cook for 40 – 50 minutes on a medium to high heat..
- Add potatoes, carrots and onions to the pot. Cook till the meat and potatoes are soft..
- Add mushrooms, green beans, baby marrows and corn. Cook for +-10 minutes.
- Done. Serve with steamed Basmati Rice. Best enjoyed with a good local craft beer..
If you find this Lamb Neck Potjiekos recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.