Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Greek Almond Crescent Cookies recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Greek Almond Crescent Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Greek Almond Crescent Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most likely, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to greek almond crescent cookies recipe. To cook greek almond crescent cookies you only need 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Greek Almond Crescent Cookies:
- Get 1/2 c of ground almonds.
- Prepare 1 c of butter, softened.
- Take 2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Provide 1 tbsp of brandy or 1 tsp vanilla.
- Provide 2 c of flour.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Provide 1 1/2-2 c of powdered sugar.
Steps to make Greek Almond Crescent Cookies:
- Spread ground almonds in a shallow pan and toast in a 350F degrees oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned..
- In a bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy, then add the 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar and egg yolk, mixing well. Stir in brandy or vanilla and almonds..
- In another bowl, combine flour and baking powder, then gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending until smooth..
- Pinch off walnut-size pieces of dough and shape into crescents. Place on ungreased baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 inch apart..
- Bake in a 325F degree oven for 30 minutes or until very lightly browned, then place baking sheets on racks and let cookies cool for 5 minutes..
- Sift about half the 1-1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar over wax paper and transfer cookies to it. Sift the remaining 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar over top to cover cookies. Let cookies stand in the sugar until they cool completely, then store in a tightly covered container..
Add lightly beaten egg whites and stir until the dough is wet and paste-like. Chewy and sweet, these almond cookies are a great addition to your holiday cookie tray! Made using almond paste instead of almond extract, these cookies pack a flavor punch, and the addition of the cherry in the middle is the perfect amount of sweetness and color! Almond crescents are a very basic tea cookie recipe. They're very buttery with a pronounced almond flavor.
If you find this Greek Almond Crescent Cookies recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.