Texas Tater-tot Pie. Who could say no to a comfy casserole topped with crispy TOTS? This Texas Tater Tot Casserole is part of this month's Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. This month's theme is Memory Lane and is hosted by Lana Stuart, who blogs at Never Enough Thyme.
Easy dinners are my favorite and I'm a big fan of casseroles, as you well know 🙂 As a mom with two active boys, I'm all You may have a Tater Tot Casserole before and chances are you were less than impressed. Spice up traditional Tater Tot casserole with salsa, chili powder and taco-seasoned cheese. MORE+ LESS Chicken Tot Pie is an easy fun twist on classic pot pie.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, texas tater-tot pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Texas Tater-tot Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Texas Tater-tot Pie is something that I have loved my whole life.
Who could say no to a comfy casserole topped with crispy TOTS? This Texas Tater Tot Casserole is part of this month's Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. This month's theme is Memory Lane and is hosted by Lana Stuart, who blogs at Never Enough Thyme.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have texas tater-tot pie using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Texas Tater-tot Pie:
- Prepare 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- Make ready 2 medium of onions.
- Make ready 2 of jalapeno.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground round.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Make ready 2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 1 tsp of coriander.
- Take 2 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 28 oz of tomato sauce.
- Make ready 2 cup of frozen corn.
- Make ready 2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Take 32 oz of frozen tatar tots.
Tender chicken, corn, peas, green beans and carrots in a creamy sauce with crispy tater tot crust. Pick up a container of cooked cubed chicken breasts. Tater tots are grated potatoes formed into small cylinders and deep-fried, often served as a side dish. The name "tater tot" is a registered trademark of the American frozen food company Ore-Ida, but is often used as a generic term. "Tater" is short for potato.
Instructions to make Texas Tater-tot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Chop the onions. Seed and dice the jalapenos..
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat the canola oil and add the onions and jalapeno. Saute until onions are translucent about 5 minutes..
- Add the ground meat and brown until cooked through breaking it up so that no large pieces remain. Drain all but about 2 Tbl. of the fat from the pan..
- Add the spices and salt and pepper. Stir in the ketchup and mix through coating the meat mixture. Add the tomato sauce, reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 15-20 minutes..
- Stir in the corn and remove pan from heat. Pour chili into a 13×9 baking dish. Layer the cheese on top of the chile, researving a half of cup for the top..
- Uniformly layer the tator tops on top of the cheese and top the tots with the reserved cheese. Place in the lower 2/3rds of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the tots are crisp and the cheese is melted..
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.Enjoy!.
This easy, satisfying version of shepherd's pie is a real crowd-pleaser. Give a chicken pot pie a tater tot crust and you have a winner winner chicken dinner! "This pie can be dressed up in many different ways," says chef and Transfer the tater tots to a large bowl and wipe off the baking sheet. Serve this tater tot casserole with a fresh green salad or some Garlic Green Beans and a side of Garlic Bread to stretch this complete skillet meal even further. I can make anything from Pizza to pasta to this Skillet Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole. It's similar to a Shepherd's Pie, with lots of meat and.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food texas tater-tot pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!