Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Stuffed Shells recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed Shells recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Money.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the surroundings. That has totally changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family must start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
You may prefer cooking food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you way less money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and possibly this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. In comparison with your stove, you can make boiled water as well as steamed vegetables faster, and use quite a bit less energy, by using countertop appliances. You might reckon that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is not true. You get the highest energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can increase the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little things that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living just isn’t that hard. It’s related to being practical, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed shells recipe. You can have stuffed shells using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Stuffed Shells:
- Provide of Jumbo shells.
- You need of Ground beef (or Italian sausage).
- You need of Onion chopped.
- Take of Garlic cloves minced.
- Provide of 16oz ricotta cheese.
- Provide of Fresh mozzarella (I used about 5oz) chopped.
- You need of Dried basil or Italian seasoning (separate).
- Get of Garlic powder ( or to taste).
- Get of Salt.
- Use of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Your favorite jar pasta sauce.
- You need of Sliced mozzarella.. ( or package of shredded).
Instructions to make Stuffed Shells:
- Cook shells as directed , after cooking let cool.
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese with 1 tablespoon basil (Italian season) salt to taste dash black pepper stir in chopped mozzarella ( or a blend of shredded cheese parmesan cheese mozzarella (4oz total) ).
- In a pan sauté garlic & onion, (3min) add beef (or sausage) season beef with 1 tablespoon of basil ( Italian season) salt to taste.
- After beef is done add about half of the ricotta cheese mix in well. Let cool.
- In a baking dish pour a layer of pasta sauce..
- Put a spoonful ( small spoon) of meat mixture in shell put in baking dish, repeat until all meat mixture is gone. ( you may have shells left over) you can drop meat mixture on top too if you have extra..
- Drop rest of ricotta cheese mixture around shells, drop some pasta sauce around ( I used 1/2 jar in total including the bottom of pan) lay sliced mozzarella over top bake 350 until cheese melts and brown..
Today, we are stuffing these giant shells, known as Conchiglie in Italian, with a mixture of meat and cheese. Any lean ground meat can be used in this recipe-beef, veal, chicken, turkey or even sausage. This Italian-inspired dish includes Jumbo Shells pasta, which have been stuffed with a variety of ingredients and baked with sauce and cheese in a casserole dish. In this spinach and ricotta stuffed shells recipe, we combine quick sauteed spinach with creamy ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, all tucked in to extra-large pasta shells and baked to bubbly goodness. The result is a healthy and hearty baked pasta dish that makes for a crowd-pleasing vegetarian meal.
If you find this Stuffed Shells recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.