Simple Way to Prepare Award-winning De's Easy Drunken Beans
De's Easy Drunken Beans.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, de's easy drunken beans. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
De's Easy Drunken Beans is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. De's Easy Drunken Beans is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook de's easy drunken beans using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make De's Easy Drunken Beans:
- Prepare of dried pinto beans, well rinsed and picked through.
- Prepare of Mexican beer (or whatever is on hand).
- Get of Ham Hock.
- Take of Slices of smoked bacon, chopped.
- Take of Onion roughly chopped.
- Take of Jalapeños, seeded and chopped.
- Prepare of Chipotle seasoned stewed tomatoes.
- Take of diced Green Chilis.
- Take of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of Pinto beans seasoning, I use a couple generous shakes.
- Make ready of water, covering beans.
- Make ready of Chicken bouillon cube, low sodium.
- Prepare of garlic powder – optional.
- Make ready of sea salt.
- Get of black pepper.
Steps to make De's Easy Drunken Beans:
- Spray your crockpot with cooking spray generously. Rinse and pick through the beans well..
- Cut onion rougly. Rinse, deseed, I leave half of the seeds in, and cut Jalapeños, mince garlic, rougly chop bacon..
- Pour ALL ingredients into crockpot, add enough water to cover beans (we like a lot of the juice so I make sure the beans have an extra 1-2, 3-5 inches of water). Now turn on high 4-5 hrs or on low 6-8 hrs OR until beans are tender, still slightly firm, but not mushy. I've learned that every crock pot is a little different in cooking times..
- Ok, I admit it, I taste the juice every so….well…frequently, to make sure the spices are mixing well and that I've added enough. The recipe is a basic go to and i usually end up adding more pinto bean seasoning and garlic powder..
- Remove the ham hock when it starts separating from the bone. You can add salt and pepper to taste right before serving, the boullion cube and ham hock can add a salty taste. If desired, Serve with toppings of your choice. (I serve with sweet homemade corn bread.) Don't forget to let me know what ya think!.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food de's easy drunken beans recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!