Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be good for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's bbq flat smoked brisket & choice short ribs recipe. To cook mike's bbq flat smoked brisket & choice short ribs you need 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs:
- Use of ● For The Meats.
- Provide of Quality Beef Flat Brisket.
- Get of Choice Beef Short Ribs.
- Use of ● For The Woods.
- Get of Mesquite Wood.
- You need of Hickory Wood.
- Get of ● For The Dry Rub.
- You need of Brown Sugar.
- You need of Paprika.
- Get of Salt.
- Take of Cumin.
- Get of Cayenne Pepper [or less if you're not fond of spice].
- Provide of Chilli Powder [or less if you're not fond of spice].
- Get of Granulated Garlic.
- Provide of Granulated Onion.
- Use of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Dry Mustard [optional].
Instructions to make Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs:
- Beef Flat Brisket [room temp].
- Choice Beef Short Ribs [room temp].
- Mix your dry rub and rinse your meats..
- Liberally dust and press your meats with your dry rub..
- Dust tops bottoms and all sides. Press dry rub into beef..
- Place both Hickory and Mesquite wood chunks into your smoker. Fill your water bowl within and bring smoker to 225°. Place brisket fat side up and ribs bone side down..
- Cover for 3.5 to 4 hours but, pull the beef short ribs at about 1.5 hours in. There's no need to flip meat. In fact, try not to peek! It will allow all your smoke to escape. It really is a precious commodity! Keep an eye on your steady 225° temp tho!.
- You'll know your ribs are ready when the meat has pulled away from the bone..
- Ultimately you'll want your internal brisket temperature at 190° to be safe. I usually leave mine at a rare 180°. But, any temp you choose, a meat thermometer is definitely in order. 😆.
- You can choose to sauce up these dry rub ribs if you'd like. Heinz is putting out some descent new brands as of late. Sweet Baby Ray's is also another delicious sweet option..
- Pull brisket and wrap immediately in tin foil. Allow brisket to rest for at least a half hour + before slicing. Don't worry, she'll still be hot!.
- Side Dish – Stacked Baked Beans.
- Side Dish – Potato Egg Salad.
- Side Dish – Half chewed buttery, salty corn on the cob! Delicious!.
- Slice your rested juicy brisket and plate..
- Serve with buttery, salty corn on the cob, baked beans and chilled potato egg salad. I have a tasty recipe under my profile for both the salad and beans. You can also make excelent Brisket and Burnt End Sandwiches with thick dill pickle slices. You'll definitely want those sour pickles to cut the rich fat you'll find in your brisket. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.