Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Broccoli and Sage Butter recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Broccoli and Sage Butter recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Broccoli and Sage Butter recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked camembert in puff pastry with broccoli and sage butter recipe. You can cook baked camembert in puff pastry with broccoli and sage butter using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Broccoli and Sage Butter:
- You need 1 of whole camembert.
- Take 1 sheet of ready rolled all-butter puff pastry.
- Use 2 tbsp of cranberry sauce or redcurrant jelly.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg.
- Prepare 1 head of broccoli.
- Provide of butter.
- Use a few of fresh sage leave, rolled and finely shredded.
- Prepare 1 handful of pine nuts, dry roasted.
Steps to make Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Broccoli and Sage Butter:
- Take the camembert out of its wooden box and remove the paper, check to see if there is a sticker you need to remove from the bottom of the cheese too..
- Check that the pastry sheet is large enough to enclose the cheese, and if it is cut it in half equally. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5..
- Spoon some cranberry sauce on to one half of the pastry and then place the cheese on top. Brush the edges with beaten egg..
- Put the other half of pastry over the top of the cheese and use a fork to press the sides together. Then use your fingers to create an edge, pushing the pieces of pastry tightly together so there are no gaps for the sauce or cheese to ooze out..
- Brush beaten egg all over the camembert pie, this gives a lovely golden finish. You can also use milk if you don't want to waste an egg!.
- Place the camembert in the oven and bake for about 20–30 minutes until it is puffed up and golden. Allow to stand for 5 to 6 minutes so that the cheese firms up a little..
- Quickly steam the broccoli in a little water, drain. Melt the butter in the pan, saute the sage leaves then toss in the broccoli and the pine nuts..
- Cut the pie in half and quickly move each piece to a warmed plate, add the broccoli and serve with extra cranberry sauce, if you wish..
For best taste, eat it warm. Unroll one pre-rolled sheet of puff pastry, leaving it on the paper it came wrapped in. Drizzle liberally with honey and sprinkle with chopped rosemary and thyme. Roll the pastry back into a log. This simple, yet drool-worthy recipe is the perfect dish for whipping up when unexpected guests arrive.
If you find this Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Broccoli and Sage Butter recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.