Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Cash.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it appears we all recognize our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. Each and every family must start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
Perhaps the food just isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, however it will save you money to use it over your oven. Possibly the realization that an oven makes use of 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances can boil water or steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You might believe that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, however that is not true. A dishwasher is specifically effective when it’s full before a cycle is commenced. By cool drying or air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
The kitchen by itself offers you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living is not that tough. A lot of it truly is simply using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spinach and ricotta stuffed shells recipe. To cook spinach and ricotta stuffed shells you only need 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells:
- Provide 1 box (12 oz.) of jumbo shells.
- You need of Tomato Sauce:.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Take 1/2 of yellow onion, diced finely.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (29 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Get 1 tsp. of each dried basil, dried parsley.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of each salt, granulated sugar.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- Provide of Ricotta and Spinach Mixture:.
- Get 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 5 of big handfuls fresh spinach.
- Take 3 cups of ricotta cheese.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Take 1 tsp. of dried parsley.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of each garlic powder, salt, pepper.
- Provide 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded.
- Get 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
Instructions to make Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells:
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion has softened, about 5-7 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook and stir until it's fragrant, just another minute or so. Then add the tomato sauce, sugar and seasonings. Stir and allow it to come to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce the heat to med-low and let it gently simmer while you prepare everything else..
- Start a large pot of salted water heating on high heat. Once it reaches a boil, add in the shells. Cook for 1 minute less than the time called for on the box, they will be easier to stuff this way. Once they are done, drain in a colander and immediately rinse them with cold water. This will stop the cooking process, so that they don't get any softer. Set them aside..
- In a large skillet, heat the tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, just about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then add in the spinach and stir around slightly. Cook until it has all wilted and reduced, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. drain out any water that may have been released from the spinach, then set aside on a cutting board and allow to cool enough to handle..
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese and eggs until blended together. Next whisk in the seasonings, and about 1/4 cup of each of the cheeses. By now, the spinach should be cool enough to handle. Chop it up and stir it into the ricotta mixture..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13" baking pan and spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce evenly over the bottom of the pan. Then, working one at a time, stuff each shell with 1 heaping tbsp. of the ricotta mixture, until all of the mixture is gone. Place each stuffed shell side by side into the pan, opening side up. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the top of the shells, then spread over the remaining cheeses..
- Cover the baking pan with foil and bake 15 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, until completely heated through. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
If you find this Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.