Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Ogbonno, okra and Bitter leaf soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ogbonno, okra and Bitter leaf soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ogbonno, okra and Bitter leaf soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a number of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. Although you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ogbonno, okra and bitter leaf soup recipe. You can cook ogbonno, okra and bitter leaf soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ogbonno, okra and Bitter leaf soup:
- Use 1/2 of kilo of brisket bones.
- Take of I medium size smoked fish.
- Get Handful of stockfish flakes.
- You need 4 of brown pomo.
- Provide 1/2 cup of periwinkle.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of grinder ogbonno.
- You need 2 cups of fresh sliced okra.
- You need 5 of fresh yellow pepper.
- Use of I handful freshly washed bitter leaves.
- Take 1/2 cup of crayfish.
- Prepare 2 of stockcubes.
- You need 1 tablespoon of black pepper.
- Take 1/2 cup of palm oil.
- Provide of Salt.
Instructions to make Ogbonno, okra and Bitter leaf soup:
- Wash your brisket bones, and pomo. Season with garlic, salt, black pepper, onions and boil without water, once the water dry out, add about 3 cups and continuing boiling meat till tender…add in the stockfish flakes..
- Add some water, pour in the ogbonno, add the palm oil, stir to mix well…if too thick add little water.. allow to boil, conceit boils, add the periwinkle, okra, pounded pepper and crayfish and allow to cook on medium heat for about 5 mins…
- Stir, add the washed bitter leaves, black pepper, crumbled the stock cubes over the pot and give it a good stir….do nit cover the..pot.. once the bitter leave cooks for about 5mins, taste for salt..remove from heat..
- The beauty of this soup, is actually in the softness of the brisket bones and pomo and smoked fish….this soup is totally yum and goes well with Semolina, Fufu or even Amala. 😋😋As you can see, imhad mine with very fluffy zingy and light semolina..
If you find this Ogbonno, okra and Bitter leaf soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.