Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Homemade Shepherds Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Shepherds Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically alter your eating habits. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you did. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate before.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade shepherds pie recipe. You can have homemade shepherds pie using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Homemade Shepherds Pie:
- Use 1 of onion.
- Provide 2.25 lbs of hamburger.
- Get 3-4 of large potatoes.
- Get 2 cans of whole kernel corn.
- You need 1 package of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 half of cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of 13×9 cake aluminum cake tin.
- Provide 2 cups of shredded four cheese, cheese.
Steps to make Homemade Shepherds Pie:
- Peel the potatoes so there's no skin. Then cut them into medium cubes..
- Take an onion and chop it into tiny pieces..
- Cook the 2.25 lbs of hamburger with the chopped onions in the hamburger as you're browning it. Takes about 7 minutes to brown the meat with the tiny pieces of onion for flavor..
- While you're browning the hamburger and onions, boil the cubes of the potatoes on another burner to save time. Boil until you take a piece of potato out and take a fork and see if it mashes easily with the fork. Takes about 10 minutes to make the potatoes soft enough to mash with a fork.
- After the meat is browned. Spread the hamburger at the bottom of the aluminum tin to make the bottom layer..
- Then strain the potatoes out of the pot. Then put the potatoes from the strainer into the pot you just used. Then put in the pot the 1/2 cup of milk and take a fork and mash the potatoes. Keep mashing with the fork and stirring the potatoes. When they're all mashed if it's not the consistency you want if you want it more watery then add more milk..
- After the potatoes are the right consistency, add the cream cheese not all at once but in bits and taste while you're adding to get the flavor of the potatoes that you want..
- Take the 2 cans of corn and make a layer of corn over the hamburger in the cake tin..
- Take the potatoes that taste the way you want and spread it on top of the corn. To make a layer that doesn't mix with the corn, pour the potatoes in clumps all over the corn and then carefully spread the potatoes to make the top layer..
- Take the 2 cups of shredded cheese and layer the top of the potatoes..
- Take the tin with the shepherds pie and put it in the oven at 325° for 20 minutes or longer if you want the potatoes browner..
- Then eat and enjoy. Great meal that doesn't take too long!!.
If you find this Homemade Shepherds Pie recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.