Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of small changes.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything straightaway or that you have to completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to delicata squash shepherds pie recipe. You can cook delicata squash shepherds pie using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie:
- Provide of small delicata Squash, cleaned and cut in cubes.
- You need of cups, water.
- Take of cooked mashed potatoes.
- Use of vegan chicken bouillon cube.
- You need of cooked red lentils (or any lentil of your choice).
- Get of each of chopped celery, onions and carrots.
- Prepare of tomato sauce, 8oz.
- Take of thinly sliced green chard.
- Take of Badia Mediterranean Blend.
- Prepare of crushed garlic cloves or 1tbsp of ajo.
- Use of coconut oil.
- Prepare of liquid smoke.
- Take of Salt/pepper.
Instructions to make Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie:
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Let it get slightly hot, then add onions, celery and carrots. Stir and cook for about 10-11 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent. Add the green chard and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Add the lentils, liquid smoke, mediterranean seasoning and tomato sauce to the veggies. Add another tbsp of coconut oil to keep the food from sticking to the pan. Cook for another 7-9 minutes. Set aside.
- Clean and cube the squash. In small pot, put in the squash, water and bouillon then cook for approx. 20-30 minutes on medium heat. Check the squash with a fork. If it's soft enough to go thru the fork then it's ready. When it's ready pour half of the liquid out of the pot. Add the cooked mashed potatoes to the squash then start to mash the ingredients together. When it becomes a smooth mixture, stir until fully blended..
- Take a 8"or 9" casserole dish and add the veggie mix to the dish. Evenly spread the mix throughout the dish. Take squash/potatoe mashed mix and put on top evenly coating the dish. Set oven to broil. Broil the dish for 10-15 minutes or until the top is nicely browned. Bon Appetite!.
If you find this Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.