Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Creamy Spinach-Lentil Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy Spinach-Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Spinach-Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthful.
Make smart choices when grocery shopping. When you make good decisions at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier automatically. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a busy store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to go to your apartment and make a little something from your kitchen. Your house should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. This way, even when you choose that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It’s about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy spinach-lentil soup recipe. To make creamy spinach-lentil soup you only need 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Spinach-Lentil Soup:
- Provide 3/4 cup of split yellow lentils.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Use 1 of -inch piece of ginger (grated).
- Use 1 of large bunch of spinach (washed and chopped roughly, approximately 1/2 pound or 225 grams).
- Get 1 Tb of olive oil.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Take 1 of dry red chili (broken in half).
- Use 6 cloves of garlic (chopped very fine).
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Take Half of a lime (or lemon).
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of thick cream (whisked until smooth).
Instructions to make Creamy Spinach-Lentil Soup:
- Wash the lentils thoroughly under running water. Soak them in enough warm water to cover it for 20 minutes..
- Put the lentils into a deep pan and add water — the level should be two finger digits over the top of the lentils. Boil the mixture over medium heat..
- Add the turmeric powder and ginger and stir. Cook until the lentils is soft enough to mash. Add more hot water as you cook, if required, to keep the consistency similar to that of a thick soup..
- When the lentils is cooked, add the spinach, season with salt to taste, stir and reduce the heat to low..
- In another small pan, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. Fry the ghee and seeds until they stop sizzling, and then add the dry red chili, chopped garlic, and asafoetida.
- Fry the mixture until the garlic turns pale golden in color. Carefully add this spice mixture to the cooked, simmering lentils. (It will sizzle and might splash so be careful.).
- Take off heat and allow to cool a bit.
- Blend the contents using a food processor to thoroughly blend the mixture until it has a smooth soup-like consistency..
- Spoon the soup into large soup bowls. Garnish with a squeeze of lemon and a teaspoon of cream and serve the soup with breadsticks/crusty breads..
- Tip: the spices add a nice flavour to this rich and creamy soup. But you can certainly avoid it if not comfortable.
- Tip: use any type/a combination of lentils of your choice for his recipe. They just increase the consistency and nutrition value of the soup.
What makes this vegan lentil soup recipe so delicious? Creamy Lentil Soup is a hearty vegan one-pot soup with lentils, pumpkin, and spinach. Great for a cold winter day! Creamy Lentil Spinach Soup (Photo by recipe author). Cover and cook until the lentils are very mushy and a soup like consistency is obtained.
If you find this Creamy Spinach-Lentil Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.