Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Carrot and Potato Gratin recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Carrot and Potato Gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Carrot and Potato Gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to carrot and potato gratin recipe. To cook carrot and potato gratin you need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Carrot and Potato Gratin:
- Take 2 of onions, sliced (not diced).
- Get 5 of potatoes, sliced thin.
- Get 4 of carrots, sliced thin.
- Use 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 1.5 tbsp of butter.
- Get to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Use 1.5 cups of heavy cream.
- Use to taste of Dried thyme,.
- Use 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- Provide 3/4 cup of shredded parm cheese.
- You need 1 cup of mixed shredded cheese (I used cheddar/mozz mix).
- Take 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
Instructions to make Carrot and Potato Gratin:
- Melt butter in pan and caramelize onions, add garlic in the last 5 min of cooking.. salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the cream, parm cheese, corn starch,salt, pepper and thyme to taste.
- Layer potatoes and carrots, top with half the carmelized onions, pour half the liquid mixture, then top with shredded cheese. Continue this until all ingredients are used..
- Top with last bit of shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Place foil on top and bake in 400°F oven for about 45-min to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil in the last 10 min of cooking to brown the top..
If you find this Carrot and Potato Gratin recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.