Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. People typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to return to your old diet.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cottage pie recipe. To make cottage pie you need 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cottage Pie:
- Use 3 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- Take 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Use 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Take 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 1 tbsp. of tomato paste.
- Use 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, dried rosemary.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Provide 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of unsalted beef broth.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas and carrot mixture.
- Get 3 cups of already prepared mashed poatoes.
- Use 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
Instructions to make Cottage Pie:
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Once its hot, add the beef and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain out any fat, if needed, then set it aside on a plate and cover with foil..
- Add the remaining oil and butter to the skillet. Once the butter melts, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Then stir in the garlic and tomato paste. Cook and stir another minute or so, then add the beef back to the skillet with the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Sprinkle the flour over the beef and stir to integrate. Cook and stir often for a couple of minutes, then stir in the broth and Worcestershire sauce. Let the mixture come up to a simmer and let it simmer until it has thickened (5-10 minutes. The gravy should coat the back of a spoon). Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the frozen veggies..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 8×8" baking pan, then pour the beef mixture into it and spread it out evenly. Stir the cheese into the mashed potatoes (if using leftovers like I do, warm the potatoes up slightly first). Then scoop the mashed potatoes evenly over the top and use a fork to spread them out, being careful not to mix it into the beef mixture. Bake for 25 or so minutes, until golden on top and heated throughout. Then let it sit for 10 or so minutes before serving..
If you find this Cottage Pie recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.