Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any person who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it looks like we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family should start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your cooking area more green.
Changing light bulbs is definitely as good a place get started on as any. Obviously you shouldn’t confine this to merely the kitchen. The usual light bulbs are the incandescent variety, which should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is actually lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the advantages is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it means that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will certainly end up at a landfill site. It goes further than simply exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is definitely another good thing to do. The family spends major time in the kitchen, and how frequently does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Of course this also happens in some other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; check out the quantity of electricity you can save by turning the lights off when you don’t need them.
From the above it ought to be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living just isn’t that difficult. It’s about being functional, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty turkey and rice soup recipe. To make hearty turkey and rice soup you only need 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup:
- You need 2 cup of shredded turkey (white or dark meat,or both).
- Provide 2 of Carrots, chopped.
- Use 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Take 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Get 6 cup of low sodium chicken stock.
- Take 2/3 cup of rice (parboiled or jasmine rice).
- Use 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Get of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- Get 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley.
Steps to make Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup:
- In a large soup pot, add oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2 min..
- Add the celery and carrots and continue cooking for 5 min..
- Add your shredded turkey, salt, pepper,parsley, basil and bay leaf, mix to combine..
- Add the rice to the pot and mix everything together. And cook 2 min.
- Making sure you've washed your lemon, remove seeds and squeeze the lemon juice into the pot, and add the 2 halves to the pot as well (the hint of lemon in the soup is delish) stir everything..
- Pour in your chicken stock and stir. Let everything come to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for about 30 min with the lid on and serve once rice is cooked through..
If you find this Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.