Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating plan.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bacon brussel sprouts gratin recipe. You can have bacon brussel sprouts gratin using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin:
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of brussel sprouts, halved.
- Get 8 oz of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- You need 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- Take 1/2 cup of fontina cheese, grated, optional.
- Use 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Take 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Take 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced.
- Take 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, optional.
- Use to taste of Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Instructions to make Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin:
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F..
- Place brussel sprouts in a baking dish and toss in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper..
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until semi-softened..
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together egg, heavy cream, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes (if using), then stir in cheeses..
- Remove brussel sprouts from oven and add 3/4 of the bacon to the baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon..
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º, return baking dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and just set..
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving..
If you find this Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.