Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken cacciatore. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Cacciatore is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Chicken Cacciatore is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have chicken cacciatore using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Cacciatore:
- Get of chicken thighs (boned and skinned).
- Take of chicken legs (skinned).
- Prepare of plum tomatoes chopped (400g / 14oz. each) and their juice.
- Get of onion (sliced) / 7 oz..
- Make ready of button mushrooms (halved) / 6 oz..
- Take of red peppers (sliced) / 3½ oz..
- Take of peppers green (sliced) / 3½ oz..
- Take of dry white wine / 2½ fl. oz..
- Get of oregano dried.
- Get of thyme dried.
- Take of garlic powder.
- Make ready of cornstarch cornflour /.
- Make ready of black pepper ground.
- Get of onion / 3½ oz..
- Take of carrot / 2 oz..
- Take of celery / 2 oz..
- Make ready of “Spray2Cook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
Instructions to make Chicken Cacciatore:
- Spray the chicken with Spray2Cook and then season with the pepper. Fry off the chicken pieces in a hot fry pan sprayed with Spray2Cook until browned all over..
- Transfer to a slow cooker set to hot or a large lidded fry-pan on medium heat. Smother with the mushrooms..
- Microwave the onion and peppers for 2 minutes and transfer to the first fry pan re-sprayed with Spray2Cook..
- Add the tomatoes and the herbs. Cook for 2 minutes before pouring over the chicken and mushrooms..
- Deglaze the fry pan with the wine / canned mushroom liquor and add to the cooking vessel..
- Blend the cornstarch with a little water (adding slowly) and then add the blended cornstarch to as the cacciatore just starts to bubble..
- Allow it re-boil before turning to a gentle simmer to cook for 4 hours..
- Near the end of the cooking time take six tablespoons of the liquor from the pot and add to the sofritto vegetables. Microwave for 4 minutes, stir then microwave for another 4 minutes after adding more liquor if needed. Blend the sofritto in a hand blender and add to the cacciatore. (Picture taken before the addition of the sofritto)..
- Serve with pasta (add the calories!)..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken cacciatore recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!