Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, valentines day wholewheat buttermilk pancakes. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook valentines day wholewheat buttermilk pancakes using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes:
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Get 3/4 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- Get 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- Take 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Get 1/2 Cup of Flaxseed.
- Get Pinch of Cinnamon.
- Make ready Pinch of Nutmeg.
- Take 1 1/2 Cups of Buttermilk Lowfat.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs Large.
- Take 1 of Eggwhite.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of Honey.
- Get of Maple Syrup.
- Take of Butter.
Steps to make Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes:
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices, flaxseed and salt in a large bowl, preferably strained through a sieve as this will make pancakes lighter and fluffier. Stir together..
- Combine buttermilk, oil, honey,1 egg, and the egg white, stirring with a whisk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. (Mixture should be runny, almost like a thick milkshake consistency).
- Heat a pan and add some butter, enough to cover the base of the pan.For the savoury recipe i make a larger, thicker pancake. Cook the pancake on one side, checking to turn once it is a golden brown. Flip pancake over, allow to cook for just a few seconds..
- Take off the heat and with a butter knife cut a large heart shape out of the centre. The pancake should be cooked solidly enough to allow this. Return to a medium heat, add a little drop of oil to the centre, and break an egg into the centre..
- To cook the top of the egg i like to stick the pan under a grill flame/broiler for a minute. Then place your pancake onto the plate and serve how you would like; In the picture I have sauteed some mushrooms, grilled some turkey bacon, and poured some syrup on the plate. Voila!.
- For the sweet plate (pictured) I heat the pan as before, melt some butter, and slowly pour two lines of pancakes that meet at the bottom to form a heart shape. Once the pancake is cooked, you can use a butter knife to perfect the heart shape!.
- For the sweet pancake i decorated the plate by arranging pomegranate seeds around one pancake, whipped cream and cinnamon on top of another, sliced bananas and maple syrup on the plate, and a serving of strawberries, blueberries and almonds on the side, but be creative and use anything youd like!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food valentines day wholewheat buttermilk pancakes recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!