Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Yankee Pot Roast recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Yankee Pot Roast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Yankee Pot Roast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making a couple of simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you most likely purchase lots of items out of habit. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to yankee pot roast recipe. To cook yankee pot roast you need 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Yankee Pot Roast:
- Take 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Use 1 of chuck roast (2-3 lbs.).
- You need Dash of salt and black pepper.
- Use 1 tsp. of paprika.
- Provide 1 tsp. of thyme.
- You need 2 cups of beef broth.
- Provide 1 cup of red wine.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1 sprig of rosemary.
- Get 1 of medium onion, cut into wedges (8 pieces).
- You need 1 lb. of medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- You need 2 of celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Get 1 can (6 oz.) of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of clove (grated or powdered).
- You need 1/2 tsp. of allspice (ground or powdered).
- Get 1/4 cup of Marsala wine (optional).
- Get 1 of red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- You need 8 oz. of large mushrooms, halved or quartered.
Steps to make Yankee Pot Roast:
- Preheat oven 325˚..
- Heat a large pot or heavy skillet over medium-high heat with cooking oil. Season the roast with the dried herbs and then sear the meat in the hot oiled pan for 5 minutes per side.
- Place the meat in a heavy Dutch-oven pot and add the broth, wine, and the bay leaf. Add all the onions and a small sampling of carrots and celery. [The main vegetables will be added in later].
- Cover the pot and place in a heated oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes..
- Remove the pot from the oven and drain off about 2 cups of the pot juices into a small / medium sized pot. Add the tomato paste to the juices, stir occasionally, and heat until a slight boil..
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 10 minutes. [The gravy will begin to thicken a bit] Season with salt and pepper, including some clove and ground allspice. Add the Marsala wine to taste..
- Discard the cooked carrots and celery from the large pot and add in new ones along with the bell pepper and mushrooms and the “new” gravy..
- Carefully flip the roast over and place the pot back in the oven, uncovered, and continue to cook for another 1 hour and 20 minutes..
- The pot roast is done when the vegetables (carrots & celery) are soft to the bite. Serve with mashed potatoes or wide flat noodles..
If you find this Yankee Pot Roast recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.