TX'S STYLE ~ SAN FRANCISCO SOURDOUGH BREAD. SF Sourdough: Time, Patience and Planning Skills! His recipe intrigued me when I first read it; the use of the refrigerator, the promised taste and sourness, and the sheer amount of steps and time. These kind of recipes always trigger my interest.
Finally, learn how to bake real "sour" sourdough. To join in our online San Francisco Sourdough bread baking course and private group see here. I like sourdough breads with nuts and dried fruit, but not very often.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, tx's style ~ san francisco sourdough bread. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
TX'S STYLE ~ SAN FRANCISCO SOURDOUGH BREAD is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. TX'S STYLE ~ SAN FRANCISCO SOURDOUGH BREAD is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
SF Sourdough: Time, Patience and Planning Skills! His recipe intrigued me when I first read it; the use of the refrigerator, the promised taste and sourness, and the sheer amount of steps and time. These kind of recipes always trigger my interest.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have tx's style ~ san francisco sourdough bread using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make TX'S STYLE ~ SAN FRANCISCO SOURDOUGH BREAD:
- Take 3 cup of Organic Unbleached AP flour.
- Get 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Make ready 2 1/2 tsp of Celtic salt.
- Get 1 of .25 oz Active dry yeast.
- Prepare 3 cup of Sourdough starter.
- Get 1/3 cup of Warm water.
- Make ready 1 of Additional water and flour to achieve the right dough consistency.
- Take 1 of Crush 1 Vitamin C tablet.
Therefore, I decided to make a bread based on my San Francisco-style Sourdough with walnuts and dried figs. I took the baker's percentages of the nuts and figs from Hamelman's formula for Hazelnut-Fig Levain. Learn to Bake Real Authentic SOUR Sourdough, San Francisco Style. San Francisco Style Sourdough aka "Black Canyon Sourdough Bread".
Steps to make TX'S STYLE ~ SAN FRANCISCO SOURDOUGH BREAD:
- I use my Ninja with the bread hook, no kneading required. This is a wet dough, which I find to be easier then a thick dough which needs to be kneaded.
- Mix in Ninja 3 cup flour and 3 cups sourdough starter, adding water if necessary untill the dough is wet, resembling a semi thick pankake mix. Blend for 2 to 2 1/2 min. Let it rest for 15 min..
- Meanwhile in another bowl add 1/3 cup 110° water and yeast and let it sit until the 15 min is up with the dough..
- Add sugar, salt, Vit C and yeast mixture to dough, blend 1 min, add 1/8 of a cup of flour at a time untill dough thickens slightly. Once you have achieved that, blend untill dough is smooth and there are no more chunks of flour..
- Have a bowl of water handy for dipping your fingers in and a spatula when removing dough onto a floured surface, work the flour into the dough until it does not stick to your fingers. I use my dough spatula and scrape the dough over onto itself all the time adding flour as needed. It should be mushy and should still want to spread out of your hands when you pick it up to place in a large well greased bowl..
- Cover tightly with saran wrap and place a dish towel over the top. Put in the warmest place in your kitchen (draft free) which I put mine next to my fridg, let rise 1 hour double in size..
- Very easy punch down, let it rest for 10 min. Use a dough spatula to remove from bowl, put onto a floured surface and fold sides and corners in twice, using as little flour as possible. Tuck dough under and place that side down in the bowl, cover tightly and let rise 45 min or untill it is triple in size, which of me it was only 35 min..
- Pre heat oven 375° ~ Punch down, let it rest 10 min. Then form into the shape you want and place in a round oiled pan, I use my cast iron skillet for the final rise, oil skillet then sprinkle with semolina flour or just on a well oiled surface. If using a bread pan then you will need to divide dough into half. Oil the used saran wrap and flour it lightly place on top of dough, let rise for 45 min to 1 hour or until it is double in size. Then it is ready for the oven!.
- With wet dough I find it hard to put slits in the top (this is in order for steam to escape) so I bake the bread for 2 min @ 375 remove from oven, make your slits. Return to oven and bake 28 min, then turn the oven up to 400° and bake for 11 min . Enjoy!.
- IMPORTANT last step ~ with a water spritz bottle, spritz the inside of the oven just around the opening (both sides and bottom) 1 to 2 times making sure you do not spritz the light bulb because it will burst. This step gives the crust a crunchy texture…….
The final proof that you can make San Francisco style sourdough bread outside of San Francisco was hammered home when "The La Brea Bakery" of Los Angeles bread was voted the best San Francisco sourdough. This white bread brings yeast and starter together for a guaranteed rise. Fast Track to Sourdough Black Canyon Sourdough Bread One of our few plain white breads, this sourdough bread is styled after a San Francisco Style Sourdough. Be the first to rate & review! Measure Sourdough Starter cold; bring to room temperature.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food tx's style ~ san francisco sourdough bread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Leave a Reply