Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out several simple changes.
You can see results without removing foods from your diet or make huge changes at once. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will find that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to return to your old diet.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil veggie burger patties – healthy, vegan and delicious! recipe. To cook red lentil veggie burger patties – healthy, vegan and delicious! you need 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious!:
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils (small, a deep coral color).
- You need 1/2 cup of red quinoa.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cooked brown rice, optional.
- Get 1 of small purple onion.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- Get 1/2 bunch of parsley, leaves only.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 2 tbsp of almond butter, optional.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of raw tahini (sesame seed butter), optional.
- Provide 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Use 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
Instructions to make Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious!:
- The day before: Rinse lentils well, place in a bowl or jar, cover with water to twice the height of the lentils and leave to soak for 12-24 hours. In a pinch: boil a pot of water, remove from heat and add lentils. Soak for 30-45 mins and continue with recipe..
- Note about optional ingredients: The rice makes the patties slightly fluffier, the nut and seed butters make them moist and add nutrition..
- Prepare rice and quinoa. I like to make a large amount for a meal the day before and put aside enough for the patties..
- Quinoa: Rinse well and leave to soak (optional) for 30 mins up to 4 hours. Drain, place in small pot with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover and leave to simmer for 15 mins. Fluff with a fork and leave uncovered for another 5 mins..
- Rice: Rinse well. Place in pot with 3 times the amount of water (for example, 1.5 c water for 1/2 c of rice). Bring to a boil, turn down heat to very low and leave covered to simmer for 45 mins. Remove from heat and leave covered another 5 mins..
- Drain lentils. Place them in food processor (or bowl for stick blender) with onion, garlic, parsley, olive oil, almond butter, sesame butter and seasoning. Blend until mixture becomes a pasty batter. You can stop a little sooner for more texture..
- Add rice and quinoa to the mixture and check seasoning. Frying makes the patties bland, so the seasoning should taste a little too strong..
- Heat oil in skillet. Spoon out or shape patties with your hands and gently place in oil. Fry both sides until lightly browned, about 3 mins per side..
- Yields 8 burger-style patties or 12-16 smaller patties..
- I have successfully frozen the mix, thawed it in the fridge overnight and prepared patties from it..
We go veggies again today with these red lentil patties served with a garlic-herb tahini sauce. Both vegan and gluten-free, they are bursting with savory flavors, hearty texture, and oodles of plant-based protein. Whenever I want to cook something easy, comforting and nourishing, I go for red lentils. In a bowl mix the cooked ingredients with the pepper, soy sauce, oats and bread cumbs. Low in sodium A great addition to your next barbecue, these lentil patties are packed with protein and fibre.
If you find this Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious! recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.