Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce. Chicken souvlaki is another word for seasoned Greek kabobs and they make a nice appetizer when dipped into homemade tzatziki sauce. For the sauce, I would add a step, after grating the seeded cucumber wrap in a paper towel and give it a good squeeze to draw out the extra moisture. Chicken Souvlaki – Made with chicken marinated in lemon, garlic and oregano, it's so easy to make this Greek Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki.
To prepare this chicken souvlaki recipe, start by preparing the marinade. In the meantime prepare the tzatziki sauce for the chicken. Chicken Souvlaki features the fresh-tasting combination of lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil that is so prevalent in Greek cuisine.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chicken souvlaki wrap/roll with tzatziki sauce. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Chicken souvlaki is another word for seasoned Greek kabobs and they make a nice appetizer when dipped into homemade tzatziki sauce. For the sauce, I would add a step, after grating the seeded cucumber wrap in a paper towel and give it a good squeeze to draw out the extra moisture. Chicken Souvlaki – Made with chicken marinated in lemon, garlic and oregano, it's so easy to make this Greek Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken souvlaki wrap/roll with tzatziki sauce using 26 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce:
- Make ready of For the Souvlaki Marinade:.
- Get 10 of Garlic cloves (peeled).
- Make ready 2 Tbsp of Dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Dried Rosemary.
- Get 1 Tsp of Paprika.
- Get 1 tsp of Salt.
- Take 1 Tsp of Black pepper powder.
- Get 1/4 Cup of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Take 1/4 Cup of Dry white wine or red wine vinegar.
- Take 1 of Lemon.
- Make ready 1 of Large Bay Leaf (crushed).
- Take of For the Grilled Chicken:.
- Make ready 1 kg of boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs (fat removed & cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces).
- Get As required of Oil for brushing the Grill plates.
- Take of For the wrap & toppings:.
- Prepare 6 of Greek pita bread.
- Take As required of Tzatziki Sauce (recipe below).
- Get 1 of Each Red, Orange & Yellow Bell Peppers (sliced).
- Get 1 of Tomato (sliced).
- Take 1 of Red onions (sliced).
- Prepare of For the Tzatziki Sauce:.
- Make ready 1 of English Cucumber (Grated).
- Prepare 2 Cups of Greek Yogurt or Hung Curd.
- Prepare 6 of Garlic cloves (Peeled & Minced).
- Prepare 1 handful of Fresh Mint Leaves (Finely Chopped).
- Take 1 Tsp of Salt/As per taste.
Serve it alongside a Greek salad of chunked tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and feta cheese. Tzatziki is a traditional Greek yogurt-based sauce flavored with lemon, garlic. Don't limit your souvlaki to Greek festivals or late night diners. Notes: Don't skip the cucumber salting step and use Greek yogurt for a thick and creamy tzatziki sauce.
Instructions to make Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce:
- Remove fat from the edges of the Chicken. Cut into small 1.5 inch cubes. Wash the Chicken throughly under running water in a colander. Shake off the excess water. Set aside. Slice the Bell Peppers & the Onion thinly. Set aside..
- To make the chicken: Place the garlic, oregano, rosemary, crushed bay leaves, paprika, salt, pepper, olive oil, white wine/red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Pulse until well combined..
- Combine the chicken & the marinade in a large bowl. Toss to coat making sure chicken is well-coated with the marinade..
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight..
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 to 45 minutes or so..
- Prepare the Tzatziki Sauce and the other toppings in the mean time..
- When ready, thread the marinated chicken pieces through the prepared skewers..
- Cook on a preheated Indoor Electric Grill/Outdoor Grill or Grill Pan. Turn the skewers evenly to cook on all sides, about 5 minutes total. (Adjust temperature of grill if necessary). While grilling, brush lightly with the marinade (then discard any leftover marinade)..
- Transfer the chicken to serving platter and let rest for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grill the pita bread and keep warm..
- To make the Tzatziki Sauce: Grate the English Cucumber. Squeeze out the juice completely. It should be absolutely dry. Add the Greek Yogurt/hung curd followed by the salt, minced garlic & chopped mint. Stir well. Cover tightly. Refrigerate. Use as required..
- To assemble the Chicken Souvlaki Wraps: Spread Tzatziki Sauce on the warm Pita. Add the grilled chicken pieces (take them off skewers first, of course) then add the veggies..
- Serve with Tzatziki Sauce on the side..
If Greek yogurt is unavailable, let regular yogurt drain in a fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth set over a bowl or the sink until thick. For tzatziki sauce, put yoghurt and feta in a bowl and blitz with a stick blender until smooth. Preheat barbecue or grill plate to medium heat. Gyros with Greek Chicken, Tzatziki and Homemade Greek Pita Flatbread – These are loaded with fresh and exciting flavors. Bland doesn't exist in this wrap, which is one of my favorite things about it.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken souvlaki wrap/roll with tzatziki sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!