Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Low Fat Cran-Blueberry Muffins recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Low Fat Cran-Blueberry Muffins recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Low Fat Cran-Blueberry Muffins recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Most of us have been trained to believe that comfort foods are bad and should be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this holds true. At times, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. A number of foods actually do boost your mood when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Cold water fish are good if you want to feel happier. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, and so on, they’re all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you fight your depression.
See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Go with these tips instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to low fat cran-blueberry muffins recipe. To make low fat cran-blueberry muffins you need 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Low Fat Cran-Blueberry Muffins:
- Get 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Provide 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Use 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of 1% milk (can substitute soy or almond milk for dairy free option).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsweetened dried cranberries (such as Ocean Spray Craisins).
- Take 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries washed and gently dried (may use frozen, thaw first, but fresh is best).
- You need of Optional topping.
- Use 2 tsp of additional sugar.
- Use 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of non-food.
- Prepare 12 of paper muffin tin liners.
Steps to make Low Fat Cran-Blueberry Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place one paper liner per well in a muffin tin..
- In a medium bowl place the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir to combine..
- Add applesauce, milk and vanilla. Stir until just incorporated..
- Gently fold in cranberries and blueberries..
- Fill paper lined muffin cups evenly until all batter is used, a little over 3/4 full each. Mix additional sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of batter in each cup if desired..
- Bake in pre-heated oven 20-25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not over-Bake or they will be dry..
- Remove from oven. Let cool in muffin tin for 10 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and place on wire rack to cool completely. Eat and enjoy a "better for you" muffin!.
- NOTE: If you would like to enjoy these warm you will have to spray your paper liners with cooking spray. Due to the lack of oil they tend to stick to the liners while still warm. They sometimes stick when cool as well, so spraying anyway may be desired. Although this does add a trivial amount of oil. They always come clean out of the paper on day two without spray, for some crazy reason. Lol. You can also spray your muffin tin directly instead of using paper liners..
If you find this Low Fat Cran-Blueberry Muffins recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.