Beguni/ Eggplant fritter. Ramadan holds such beautiful memories from when I was younger. It was the time that my family would get together and eat a delicious, albeit not so healthy. Back after a very long time but we bring to you a very traditional and famous snack that we you will get in every Bengali household, special festive.
Beguni (Bengali: বেগুনী) is a common Bengali snack originating from the Bengal region. It is made of eggplant (also known as aubergine or brinjal) which is sliced and dipped in gram flour batter before being either fried or deep fried in oil. We all have pakoras every now and then, what all can we make into pakoras?
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, beguni/ eggplant fritter. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Ramadan holds such beautiful memories from when I was younger. It was the time that my family would get together and eat a delicious, albeit not so healthy. Back after a very long time but we bring to you a very traditional and famous snack that we you will get in every Bengali household, special festive.
Beguni/ Eggplant fritter is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Beguni/ Eggplant fritter is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook beguni/ eggplant fritter using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beguni/ Eggplant fritter:
- Get 1 of small eggplant cut to thin slices of about 1-2 cm.
- Take 4 tbsp of besan/Bengal gram flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp of kalojeera/kalounji/nigella seeds.
- Take 1/4 tbsp of baking powder.
- Get 1/4 cup of coriander leaves.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Salt or as per taste.
- Take as required of Water.
- Get 2 cups of Oil for frying, at least.
- Take as per taste of Black salt(optional).
The regulars are potato, onion, chili, bread and more, however the state of West Bengal. Featured in the Delicious Links in The Kitchn. Hotel Udai Kothi – Udaipur, Rajasthan India. and Begunis are inseparable from the monsoon lyrics in Bengal. This batter-fried Bengali beguni recipe is almost a mandatory accompaniment to the Bengali khichuri or dal-rice meals.
Instructions to make Beguni/ Eggplant fritter:
- Mix besan, cornflour, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, Kalo jeera, coriander leaves, and baking powder. Now, gradually pour water to the mixture and keep mixing. The batter should not be thin; else it will not coat the eggplant. I added about ¾ cup of water..
- Take a pan and heat the oil..
- Once the oil is hot, take a slice of eggplant, coat it with the batter..
- Gently drop the coated eggplant in the hot oil..
- Fry the eggplant on low-medium flame till it is golden brown on both the sides..
- Take out the beguni and keep it on tissue paper to absorb the excess oil..
- Sprinkle black salt and serve hot..
It is also a favourite snack to accompany cups of piping hot tea and chat sessions. "What we have to do is build on that and make sure we don't fritter all that away by going back to the behaving in ways that will drive those numbers back up again." Enjoy the most famous Beguni recipe for Ramadan Iftar. Beguni is a must-have item during iftar. Beguni – Baingan Pakora – Bengali eggplant fritters Beguni aka Bengali eggplant fritters makes an excellent evening snacks, the traditional way of enjoying this beguni is to serve this fritters with. These vegetarian eggplant fritters are quick and easy, inexpensive, and highly addictive – your Eggplant Fritters. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Beguni is one of the favourite street foods of Bengali.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food beguni/ eggplant fritter recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!