Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Cheesy Ziti Florentine recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheesy Ziti Florentine recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently consume a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cheesy ziti florentine recipe. You can have cheesy ziti florentine using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cheesy Ziti Florentine:
- Get of ground turkey.
- Provide of ziti (could use wheat or hidden veggie ziti).
- Get of frozen spinach, cooked and drained.
- Get of ricotta cheese (light).
- Provide of mozzarella cheese.
- Provide of tomato sauce.
- Take of basil pesto.
- Get of butter.
- Get of minced garlic.
- Provide of medium onion.
- Get of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of seasonings to taste.
- You need of optional specialty cheese to layer in the middle.
Instructions to make Cheesy Ziti Florentine:
- Boil ziti in extra large pot, (do step 2 while boiling) drain return to pot and add tomato sauce, set aside.
- Mix ricotta, pesto and cooked drained spinach in a bowl.
- Melt butter in pan and cook onion and garlic to translucent, about 5 minutes and transfer to bowl.
- In same pan brown turkey and season I used Italian and pepper, drain if necessary.
- to the big pot with pasta and sauce add the turkey, garlic and onion mix, mozzarella and stir well (if there isn't enough sauce adding ketchup is fine, you can also add a little brown sugar if you're sensitive to tomato acidity). Then stir in ricotta mix. Now you should just have one gigantic pot of deliciousness.
- From here you have options, bake it all… put into 3-4 disposable foil pans (2.25lb size) and freeze for multiple easy, delicious, mess free dinners another night or both this makes a lot… LOT about 8lbs.
- Put in suitable sized pan(s) to bake or freeze. You can layer another cheese in the middle (I use mild chipolte or mozzarella slices), you can add more cheese to top, sprinkle with Parmesan or whatever you like.
- If freezing close, label and date, put in freezer.
- You can also just microwave!!!! I hate the ziti noodles on top after baking because they're dry and hard, they end up in my "reject pile". If you're like me, this ziti is perfectly fine to microwave (I never bake it) everything in it is cooked, and honestly it's quicker, just do it on 30-50% power with a paper plate on top.
- If baking, bake 350-400, about an hour, again, everything in it is cooked you're simply just heating and melting. From thawed the same, just heat, oven, toaster oven or microwave!! Which also would make this a good dorm food.
- Even after 3 huge boxes (about 7lbs) for the freezer I had more than enough for two serving!.
If you find this Cheesy Ziti Florentine recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.