Turkish Style Green Lentils. Find Great Deals from the Top Retailers. Easy Turkish Green Lentil Salad Recipe. At the moment, we're both back in training for one of the many runs in Turkey.
And Turkish salads are even better because they're so varied. Wash the lentils and add them to a pot of boiling water. You're going to cook them again, so they should still be firm at this point.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, turkish style green lentils. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Turkish Style Green Lentils is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Turkish Style Green Lentils is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Find Great Deals from the Top Retailers. Easy Turkish Green Lentil Salad Recipe. At the moment, we're both back in training for one of the many runs in Turkey.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook turkish style green lentils using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkish Style Green Lentils:
- Take 1 lb (454 gr) of dry green lentils ( I used Goya brand).
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Get 1 cup of Finely Chopped carrots.
- Get 1 of Onion.
- Take 2 clove of Garlic.
- Take 1 cup of Low sodium Chicken broth.
- Get of Water.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dry mint.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tomato paste.
Turkish Green Lentil Soup Recipe – Afternotes. The recipe we have done here is suitable for both vegetarians and vegans. Lots of homemade Turkish soups are made with meat stock, so if, like us, you are a meat eater, you can use a chicken or beef stock in place of water. For an even more filling green lentil soup, some Turkish recipes also add erişte.
Steps to make Turkish Style Green Lentils:
- Wash your lentils, soak in hot water until you finish with onion and carrots.
- Chop your onion , heat 1 spoon oil in a deep pot, stir until onion until change its color, add one spoon of tomato paste, stir..
- Add your carrot continue stirring, add lentils, about 3 minutes.
- Add your broth, boil some water in a kettle, add water until over lentils, ( reserve some water in kettle we may need more water later , ) add your salt and pepper and mint, stir . take a spoon and taste, if you need more salt add more..
- You let lentils boil , until soften, about 20 minutes, in this point you may taste , to check tenderness . If soft and need some water add more. After that You are done!.
This is a hand rolled noodle cut into. Green lentil stew is one of the basic home dishes of Turkish cuisine. Like lots of traditional recipes green lentil stew is also cooked in different ways in almost every house. Some add potatoes and carrots and some doesn't. If you have it at hand you can chop some celery stalks also for example.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food turkish style green lentils recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Leave a Reply