Homemade Tortilla Chips. This recipe for tortilla chips is really easy to do, super simple, if I can do it, you can do it, let's get started. All right so both ways, we are going to bake them and we are going to fry them. I that feel a homemade corn chip is a thing apart from what you find in those enormous bags of name-brand commercial chips.
With a sharp, heavy knife (or serrated knife) cut the stack in half, then into quarters, then. Homemade Tortilla Chip Ingredients: So here's the beauty of making your own chips — you get to choose exactly which types of ingredients you love best! Here are the three main ingredients that you.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, homemade tortilla chips. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Homemade Tortilla Chips is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Homemade Tortilla Chips is something that I have loved my whole life.
This recipe for tortilla chips is really easy to do, super simple, if I can do it, you can do it, let's get started. All right so both ways, we are going to bake them and we are going to fry them. I that feel a homemade corn chip is a thing apart from what you find in those enormous bags of name-brand commercial chips.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have homemade tortilla chips using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Tortilla Chips:
- Get of White flour.
- Make ready of Corn grits or polenta meal (cornmeal).
- Make ready of Boiling hot water.
- Make ready of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Avocado.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Make ready of Rock salt.
- Take of Jalapeño pepper (or green chile peppers).
- Prepare of Lime.
- Get of Creme fraiche, yoghurt, or sour cream.
- Prepare of Store-bought salsa for tacos (or tomato chili sauce).
- Prepare of enough to deep-fry the chips Olive oil or vegetable oil.
Our crispy, fresh, homemade tortilla chips are a breeze to make and they're perfect with any sort of dip, especially fresh salsa and guacamole. It's a great idea to make your own tortilla chips. Tasty baked tortilla chips you make at home that are much better than store bought chips. This Homemade Tortilla Chips recipe is a delicious way to use your leftover tortillas, turning them into crispy restaurant-style tortilla chips!
Instructions to make Homemade Tortilla Chips:
- Combine the corn grits, flour, and olive oil in a bowl. Add the hot water and mix well. Cover with a tightly wrung moistened paper towel and set aside for 10 minutes..
- Chop the avocado into fine pieces, and mix together with the crushed garlic, finely chopped jalapeño pepper, lemon juice, and creme fraiche. Chill in the refrigerator..
- Roll the tortilla mix from Step 1 into 3 to 4 cm diameter balls, and press them flat. You don't need a rolling pin for this. You can also sandwich the balls between sheets of parchment paper and press them flat over the paper..
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan, and fry the tortilla chips over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. If you're frying up store-bought corn tortillas, they cook up in just a minute..
- Drain the oil on paper towels. Add salt to taste. Serve with the avocado dip from Step 2 and tomato chili sauce..
- You can mix the dips or serve them separately, whichever you prefer..
- Place the tortilla mix on piece of parchment paper, and place another sheet of paper on top. Roll over the paper with a rolling pin to flatten the chips. If you cut them out using a ring or a cup, the chips will be neatly rounded..
- You can also make your own salsa with tomatoes, chili, and salt..
- I also recommend making nachos with any leftover tortilla chips. Top with. Serve them with guacamole, tomatoes, and cheese!.
This recipe is sponsored by the United Soybean Board through. These Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips are fast, easy, super crunchy, a great way to Oven Baked Tortilla Chips. What Kind of Tortillas Do I Need? Most national brands of store-bought chips are too thin for nachos, turning soggy soon after topping. To solve this problem, we start by frying our own chips from fresh corn tortillas.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food homemade tortilla chips recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!