Dirty rice collard rollups. This vegan rice and greens recipe gets its roots from the Deep South where collard greens were traditionally boiled in water alongside bacon or This low-calorie meal is also a great option for anyone cooking on a budget. Rice—one of the cheapest foods you can buy—makes it a filling meal (even. Fold both the sides into the center and the top and bottom over the center.
The rice in the mixture helps to loosen the meat so you don't end up with. Southern seasoned collard greens from Deep South Dish blog, made with smoked pork hocks, or When you taste our dirty rice recipe you will understand what true Cajun cooking is all about. These vegetarian collard rolls filled with rice pilaf take their cue from dolmades, the traditional Greek parcels of rice, nuts and herbs.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, dirty rice collard rollups. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Dirty rice collard rollups is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Dirty rice collard rollups is something which I have loved my whole life.
This vegan rice and greens recipe gets its roots from the Deep South where collard greens were traditionally boiled in water alongside bacon or This low-calorie meal is also a great option for anyone cooking on a budget. Rice—one of the cheapest foods you can buy—makes it a filling meal (even. Fold both the sides into the center and the top and bottom over the center.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have dirty rice collard rollups using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Dirty rice collard rollups:
- Make ready 1 bundle of collards (about 12 big leafs).
- Take 1 pound of ground beef.
- Take 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of cooked white rice.
- Make ready to taste of Old Bay Hot.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth if not using collard stock.
Instead of the usual grape leaves, fresh collard leaves become the wrappers. The flavorful filling for these collard and rice rollups begins with brown rice cooked with. Collard green roll ups are a new spin on classic cabbage rolls. They are filled with a ground beef and rice mixture and cooked in a tasty bacon tomato sauce.
Instructions to make Dirty rice collard rollups:
- Cook rice. Set to the side and let cool..
- While rice is cooling, wash your collards in cool water. You can either keep your collards whole, or if they're super big you can cut them in half. Either way you need leafs about the size of your hand. Make sure to cut stem off as well. I learned cutting the greens horizontally is better than how I cut mine in the pic..
- Get a pot with the collard stock in it and set it to high until it starts to boil. If not using collard stock use salted water..
- Blanch (boil) your greens for 2-3 minutes. Just enough to make them flexable..
- After 2-3 minutes put your collards in ice cold water to stop the cooking process. I fill my sink up with water and transfer them from the boiling water to the sink with a wooden spoon..
- In a heavy bottom nonstick pan brown your hamburger meat..
- Cut up your onion and cook with the meat. DO NOT DRAIN MEAT!! Use about 3 tablespoons of Old Bay (I use a little more) and salt and pepper to season meat while its cooking..
- When meat is browned pour in 1 cup of collard stock (or 1 cup beef broth) into the pan, fold in your rice and let cook down until the liquid is almost gone. About 10 minutes..
- Spoon meat mixture into top part of collard leaf and roll up like a burrito. Place rolls in a 9×13 baking dish, seam sides down. If you have to double roll the wraps it's ok..
- Continue until you either run out of mixture or collards. If you have left over mixture spoon it on top of rolls, if you have extra collards continue to cook them and use them as your "side"..
- Pour stock (or beef broth) into dish until the wraps are 1/3 way covered..
- Cover tightly with foil and cook for 40 minutes on 350°..
- After 40 minutes uncover and lightly salt top of rolls. Place back in oven uncovered for 10 minutes. Serve hot!.
Traditional Dirty Rice uses chopped chicken livers which gives it a distinctive flavor and a dark color dubbing Cajun Dirty Rice Dressing Recipe – Food.com. My early years were split between rural east Texas and the · southern, soul food collard greens with smoked turkey legs. Dirty rice is a traditional Louisiana Creole dish made from white rice which gets a "dirty" color from being cooked with small pieces of pork, beef or chicken, green bell pepper, celery, and onion, and spiced with cayenne and black pepper. Parsley and chopped green onions are common garnishes. Healthy Collard Green Dirty Rice Wraps Yummly.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food dirty rice collard rollups recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!