Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sheree's Baked Ziti recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sheree's Baked Ziti recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
You can obtain results without eliminating foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make considerable changes, but the most important thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. In time, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate previously.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sheree's baked ziti recipe. To cook sheree's baked ziti you only need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sheree's Baked Ziti:
- Provide of pasta and sauce.
- Use 1 lb of ground meat (sometime i use Italian sausage and ground beef).
- You need 1 small of onion , minced.
- Provide 1/2 small of green bell pepper.
- Provide 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Get 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt (1\8 tsp).
- Prepare 8 oz of penne or ziti pasta.
- Get 24 oz of of your favorite spaghetti sauce (i like prego).
- Get of ricatto filling.
- Use 1/2 tbsp of basil (i use dried).
- Use 1/2 tbsp of oregano (i use dried).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of container of ricatto (i use cottage cheese drained if i don't have ricatto).
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Get 1 pinch of of garlic (1\8 tsp).
- You need 1 pinch of salt (1\8 tsp).
- Provide of extra.
- Use 2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Steps to make Sheree's Baked Ziti:
- bring about 5 cups of water with 2 tsp of salt. bring it to a rolling boil.., add pasta stir well so the outside kinda cooks… turn it down to med..,, let it cook between 7-9 minutes.,,, should all dents….put colander over a bowl.,, to catch pasta water….
- put very small amount of olive oil to just cover the bottom of the pan…add onion and bell pepper with pan on med… if using Italian sausage remove from casing…,, if just using ground beef they crumble it…. I use an old potato masher to fry meat add garlic powder,,,..salt and black pepper to taste….
- drain ground beef.. but don't rinse…. add to drained pasta in your stock pot…..
- stir pasta and meat mix well…. put pasta sauce in pan and best through.. while waiting on this… mix your ricatto, basil. oregano, 2 eggs, and Parmesan cheese…. mix very well….
- mix cheese mixture with pasta/meat mixture…. spray a casserole dish and put 1\2 the mixture in the pan cover with mozzarella cheese….. please the other half of mixture on the top and cover with mozzarella…..
- bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes until fold and bubbly,., I make a vinaigrette salad to go with it and Texas toast…
- *** I did not add sugar because I'm using spaghetti sauce and it usual has some sugar in it…
If you find this Sheree's Baked Ziti recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.