Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Saving Money Within the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it seems we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we are not able to change things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Keep reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
A lot of electricity is definitely wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. If you might be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with models from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electrical power. The correct temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electrical power and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and also 0F. You can reduce how often the motor has to run by regularly cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Efficient living is definitely something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. A lot of it really is simply using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's chicken shish kebabs & tzatziki sauce recipe. To make mike's chicken shish kebabs & tzatziki sauce you need 46 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce:
- Provide of ● For The Meat.
- Use 3 Pounds of Fresh Chicken Breast [de-boned – fat trimmed – 1.5" cubed].
- You need of ● For The Brine.
- Take 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Salt.
- Prepare 6 Drops of Liquid Smoke [+ reserves for marinade].
- You need 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder [+ reserves for marinade].
- Use 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes [+ reserves for marinade].
- Use 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning [+ reserves for marinade].
- Use 1 tbsp of Ground Cumin [+ reserves for marinade].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ground Pepper [+ reserves for marinade].
- You need 1 tbsp of Each Dried Cilantro, Dried Chives & Dried Parsley [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get 1 tbsp of Paprika [+ reserves for marinade].
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon Pepper [+ reserves for marinade].
- You need of ● For The Fresh Vegetables.
- Take 3 of LG Vidalia Onions [quartered – reserve 1 for chicken scewers].
- Prepare 1 of Purple Onion [quartered].
- Provide 1 of LG Yellow Bell Pepper [1.5" chop].
- Prepare 1 of LG Red Bell Pepper [1.5" chop].
- Use 2 of LG Green Bell Peppers [1.5" chop].
- Take 2 Boxes of LG Mushrooms [left whole – white & brown].
- Get as needed of Fresh Cilantro Leaves [for serving].
- Take 1 of LG Zucchini [1.5" chop – optional].
- Get 1 of LG Eggplant [1.5" chop – optional].
- Provide of ● For The Bread Options.
- You need as needed of LG Fresh Garlic Naan Bread.
- You need as needed of LG Fresh Thick Flour Tortillas.
- Prepare of ● For The Tzatziki Sauce [DILL-ICIOUS!].
- Use 2 of EX LG Garden Cucumbers [peeled – de-seeded – shreaded].
- Take 1 tsp of Course Sea Salt [to help drain cucumber fluids].
- Provide 2 tbsp of Fresh Dill [+ reserves for garnish].
- Get 24 oz of Fresh Sour Cream.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Fresh Greek Pain Yogurt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- Provide 1 1/2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Use 1 tbsp of Fresh Lemon Juice [+ 1 tbsp Lemon Zest].
- Use 1 tbsp of Fresh Chives [minced].
- Provide 1 of Small English Cucumber [for garnish].
- Take of ● For The Additions & Utensils.
- Take as needed of Olive Oil [for coating chicken].
- Take as needed of Pam Olive Oil Spray [for vegetables].
- Prepare as needed of Metal Scewers.
- Provide as needed of Cheese Cloth.
- You need 2 of LG Serving Trays [to keep chicken separate from vegetables].
- Get 1 of Pair BBQ Tongs.
Steps to make Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce:
- Two extra large 2 lb chicken breasts pictured below. ● Authors Note: When purchasing raw chicken, choose firm, never frozen, nicely pink colored, fat and bruise free, organic plump breasts for best results every time..
- Rinse your chicken and cut off anything unsightly. Place in a large bowl and fill with whole ice cubes..
- Heat up 3 cups water and add everything in the Brine section. Mix well and regularly until all salt and sugars are fully dissolved. Allow brine to cool off before adding it to your chicken and ice mixture..
- Mix brine with chicken and ice. Add enough ice cold water to fully cover chicken. You'll want your temperature consistently between 35° and 40°..
- Seal tightly and place in fridge for 4 hours minimum – 8 hours maximum..
- While waiting – create your Tzatziki Sauce. Peel, then half your cucumbers lengthwise. Spoon out all seeds and disgard them..
- Shread and place cucumbers in a strainer with 1 tsp course sea salt. Mix well. Let cucumbers set in the sink for at least an hour – stirring and pressing occasionally. The salt will help to sweat and drain the copious fluids within your cucumbers..
- Rinse, dry and chop your vegetables into 1.5" cuts. Try to be consistent with chop sizes for grilling continuity. ● Authors Note: When cleaning your mushrooms, gently wipe them down with a damp cloth or paper towel. If you rinse them under water, know they'll absorb all of that fluid and you'll end up with a soggy mushroom mess!.
- After an hour – place your shreaded cucumbers in [preferably] cheese cloth or, several sturdy clean paper towels. Squeeze tightly again and again until all fluids are strained. If not, you'll have a runny sauce. Add everything in the ● Tatziki Sauce section together, mix well and chill for an hour minimum. It's best at 2+ hours. Know that as it sits and chills in the fridge, it will take on another delicious flavor all together. Stir your sauce occasionally. Serves 10..
- Following brine – pull chicken from ice water, drain fluids and place in a dry bowl. Using paper towels, gently dab your chicken strips dry..
- ● Cut chicken breasts into 1.5" pie
ces. ● Place chicken back in bowl. ● Mix in just enough olive oil to fully coat chicken. Then, season [to taste] with your reserve spices listed above in the ● Brine section. ● Allow chicken pieces to marinate for an hour + in the fridge. I put mine into a Ziplock Bag for space sake but, it's your choice ● Stir or massage chicken occasionally. ● I'll marinate my chicken pieces overnight for fullest flavor..
- Feed your fresh garden vegetables onto your scewers..
- Lightly spray vegetables with an olive oil spray and season [to taste] with your reserve spices listed in the ● Brine section. Then, spray again to seal on dried seasonings..
- Thread your marinated chicken on to your metal scewers with a 1" piece of onion in between each chicken cube. This is an important step for #1: flavor and, #2: even grilling. Lightly season chicken again if desired..
- Clean, spray and fire up your grill..
- Ready your meat, vegetables and breads. Place your chicken on direct heat and your vegetables on the higher rack away from direct flames. ● Turn chicken regularly. Grill 20 minutes then, turn up the heat and char your chicken and vegetables. Know that brined meat is harder to char so, turn your heat up to at least 500°. Be careful not to burn..
- Meat on flames – veggies on top rack..
- Charred chicken and vegetables served in a large bowl. "communal style.".
- Extra large Garlic Naan Breads. They come 2 per pack. You'll need 5 packages. One per person should be enough to fill them up. Especially with a garden, or wedge side salad..
- Lightly spray your bread of choice on one side with spray Pam. To taste – lightly sprinkle on Cumin, Granulated Garlic and Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning and White Pepper. Then, spray again to seal in those delicious spices. Place on hot grill until bread is slightly charred. Charred, not burnt..
- Serve chicken and veggies hot on warmed, seasoned and charred Naan Bread. No garnishes are needed other than maybe some fresh Cilantro and of course, your creamy chilled Tzatziki Sauce. Oh, and you don't want to forget the ice cold beer! Enjoy!.
- It's so cool to get your kids to WANT to eat their veggies! Here's proof positive. My students wake at midnight only to reheat their Vegetarian Style Kebabs wrapped in warmed tortillas with their chilled Tzatziki Sauce! With that, GO TEAM MIKE!.
If you find this Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.