Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Baked ziti recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked ziti recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, just making a couple of modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can also be healthy for your skin since it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you currently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked ziti recipe. To make baked ziti you only need 15 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked ziti:
- Prepare of ziti pasta.
- Use of ground beef cooked.
- Use of medium onion, diced (@ 3 tablespoons).
- Prepare of mushrooms, sliced.
- Get of garlic, chopped.
- Provide of can whole peeled can tomatoes in puree, roughly chopped.
- You need of fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp.
- You need of fresh basil or 1 tsp.
- Get of fresh ground black pepper.
- Get of kosher salt.
- Take of crushed red pepper or to taste.
- Prepare of freshly grated parmesan, divided.
- Provide of grated pecorino romano.
- Provide of fresh mozzarella, grated.
- Get of ziti.
Steps to make Baked ziti:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook pasta until tender but firm, about 6 minutes.
- Cook burger in a medium sause pan.
- Add onion and mushroom when burger is about halfway done.
- Add garlic, cook for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, thyme and basil.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat. simmer covered for 10 min.
- Discard sprigs.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine pasta and marinara sauce in a big bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of parmesan, pecorino, half the mozzarella.
- Season with black pepper and red pepper.
- Mix well.
- Transfer the pasta to an oiled 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake until lightly brown, about 25 minutes.
If you find this Baked ziti recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.