Lentils with chorizo. Lentils with Chorizo. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Here, lentils are cooked Spanish-style, with chorizo and greens for a thick stew. Braised lentils with spicy chorizo sausage kicked up with red wine and Spanish spices and served When I started to make this dish, I was craving something with lentils and chorizo.
Add the vegetable and chorizo mixture into the pot with the lentils. Stir in crushed tomatoes and lentils, cover and bring to a simmer. In Galicia the weather can be very wet.
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, lentils with chorizo. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lentils with chorizo is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Lentils with chorizo is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Lentils with Chorizo. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Here, lentils are cooked Spanish-style, with chorizo and greens for a thick stew. Braised lentils with spicy chorizo sausage kicked up with red wine and Spanish spices and served When I started to make this dish, I was craving something with lentils and chorizo.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have lentils with chorizo using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Lentils with chorizo:
- Make ready 750 g of pardina lentils (small ones).
- Take 1 of large spring onion.
- Take 1 of leek.
- Get 3 of carrots.
- Take 1 of garlic clove.
- Get 1 piece of ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of aji rojo (or half chopped red chilli).
- Take 1 tsp of pimentón dulce (paprika).
- Take 1-2 of bay leaves.
- Take 1-2 of bacon strips (1 cm wide).
- Take 3 of Spanish chorizos.
- Make ready of Water.
- Take of Olive oil.
- Get of Salt.
- Get 1 of ripe tomato.
In fact Santiago, the capital, is called 'Spains shower'. The landscape in the nothern autonomous is due to the… The combination of chorizo sausage and habanero sauce gives these lentils a spicy kick. You can reduce the amount or omit the pepper sauce if you don't like hot foods. Pile into a bowl, toss through the rocket and serve.
Steps to make Lentils with chorizo:
- Peel and cut the leek, onion and carrots into very small pieces. Grate the garlic clove and the ginger. Poach it slowly in a pan with olive oil for around 10 minutes (if you are using red chili instead of aji, cut it in very small peaces and add it here!).
- After 10-12 minutes, add the bacon and tomato – peeled and cut into small pieces -, the ají (if you are using it dry), the bay leaves and salt. Let poach for 5 more minutes.
- Then add the paprika, and after a minute, not more (otherwise the paprika will get burnt), add the lentils – previously washed and drained. Add enough water, more than to cover the lentils, but not too much, so that they do not remain watery at the end (we can always correct if water evaporates!).
- When they get to boil, leave them over medium heat for around 20 minutes. Then, add the chorizo (I normally cut it into slices about 1.5 cm thick).
- Cook them for around 20-30 more minutes, until the lentils are soft, and add more water if needed. We normally serve it with some white rice. Enjoy them!!!.
Spicy chorizo and peppery lentils make this stew unforgettable. Sausage – I use chorizo, but any sausage will do. Pan-fried sea bass pairs perfectly with this smoky chorizo and puy lentil side dish. By this point, you might be beginning to realise I love chorizo. It packs in so much flavour and this recipe is no exception.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food lentils with chorizo recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Leave a Reply