Tender Lentils and Rice. Fried onions are mixed with rice and lentils, and topped with yogurt or sour cream. Stir rice and enough water to cover into the saucepan with the lentils. Are Lentils and Rice Good for You?
Transfer the lentils to a large bowl. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Fluff the rice with a large fork.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, tender lentils and rice. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tender Lentils and Rice is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Tender Lentils and Rice is something which I have loved my whole life.
Fried onions are mixed with rice and lentils, and topped with yogurt or sour cream. Stir rice and enough water to cover into the saucepan with the lentils. Are Lentils and Rice Good for You?
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have tender lentils and rice using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Tender Lentils and Rice:
- Take 1 cup of Lentils.
- Take 1 cup of Rice.
- Make ready 3 of and 1/2 cups Water.
- Take 1 of Onion sliced.
- Make ready 1 of Zucchini cut in cubes (optional).
- Take 1 of Tomato cut in cubes (optional).
Transfer to the bowl with the lentils. Add the olives, parsley, thyme, and lemon peel. Add the rice, lentils, turmeric powder, salt, peppercorns if using and water, and give them a good stir. Stir occasionally and add extra water or reduce the.
Steps to make Tender Lentils and Rice:
- Boil water, add some salt and throw the lentils in there. Cover the pot and lower the fire to medium-low just to keep a simmer. Set timer for 15 minutes..
- In a separate frying pan, fry around the sliced onions until brown. Set aside half of it for later..
- (Optional step for additional sauteed veggies) Add the zucchini to the remaining onions in the pan then stir-fry the whole until zucchini is tender. Add tomatoes a bit before turning off the fire. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Once 15 minutes have past for the lentils, pour in the rice and add the onions you set aside earlier. Mix a bit. Cover the pot again and let simmer for another 15 min..
- (If you didn't do the sauteed veggies) Continue to stir fry half of the onions until darker brown. Set aside..
- After 15 minutes, taste the lentils-rice. It should be tender and look humid (not dry). If it's crunchy, leave it a bit longer..
- To serve, add the darker brown onions or the sauteed veggies to the mix. And voilà!.
To start, cook your lentils in vegetable broth so they get tender and flavorful but not mushy. To keep this recipe grain-free we opted to toss our shallots in chickpea flour and salt and use cauliflower rice instead of rice. To keep this recipe low/no oil, we include options for. Mexican rice and lentils are a satisfying, inexpensive, and simple dinner! This one-pot healthy meal is gluten free, vegan, low fat and full of flavor.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food tender lentils and rice recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!