Masoor Chingri Dum or Red lentils with Shrimps. Red lentil in Bengali is called 'masoor dal' and 'chingri' means prawns. Dum means slow-cooking or cooking something covered on low or medium heat so that the ingredients get cooked in the steam built inside. Here Today I will show you one testy dal recipe from my recipe cookbook, which is chingri mach diye masoor dal.
Lentils are an everyday staple throughout India, an especially important staple for those regions that enjoy a predominantly vegetarian diet. Masoor dal recipe – Red lentils has the highest amount of protein among all the lentils & is often widely used to make dal curry. Masoor dal recipe with video and step by step photos.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, masoor chingri dum or red lentils with shrimps. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Masoor Chingri Dum or Red lentils with Shrimps is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Masoor Chingri Dum or Red lentils with Shrimps is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Red lentil in Bengali is called 'masoor dal' and 'chingri' means prawns. Dum means slow-cooking or cooking something covered on low or medium heat so that the ingredients get cooked in the steam built inside. Here Today I will show you one testy dal recipe from my recipe cookbook, which is chingri mach diye masoor dal.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have masoor chingri dum or red lentils with shrimps using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Masoor Chingri Dum or Red lentils with Shrimps:
- Prepare 250 gms of Masoor Dal.
- Take 100 gms of Chingri or Shrimps.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 “ of cinnamon stick.
- Take 1-2 of cloves.
- Get 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Make ready 1 of medium sized onion chopped fine.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of ginger chopped fine.
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp of garlic chopped fine.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Get 1/4 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Take 2-3 of green chilli chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Make ready 1 cup of water.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Make ready as per taste of Salt.
Flavorful, tasty and nutritious red lentil recipe. Masoor dal is one of the most commonly used lentils in Indian cuisine. Get latest info on Masoor Dal, Malka Dal, Red Lentil, suppliers, manufacturers, wholesalers, traders, wholesale suppliers with Masoor Dal prices for buying. Red Lentils and Split Red LentilsmasoorThese are.
Instructions to make Masoor Chingri Dum or Red lentils with Shrimps:
- Soak Masoor Dal for 30 mins with water. Smear the Chingri or Shrimps with salt and turmeric powder. Set aside. Chop onions, ginger and garlic separately.
- In a wok heat mustard oil, add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon stick and cloves. When splutters add Chingri or Shrimps and shallow fry..
- Add chopped onion, chopped ginger and chopped garlic. Stir and add Masoor Dal. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder. Add salt. Add water and cover for 10 mins. Keep stirring so that the bottom doesn’t stick..
- When reached the desired consistency then add garam masala powder and ghee and cover for the aroma to settle in.Plate it with chopped green chillies and Basil leaf. Serve with rice hot.
Bottle gourd is a vine grown for its fruit, which can either be harvested young and used as a vegetable, or Ingredients of Lau Chingri. Bengali Style Masoor Dal Or Red Lentil Soup With Lemon Leaves. Serve your red lentil masoor dal with steamed white rice, as is traditional in Indian cuisine, or, as the author suggests, as a soup with some hot buttered toast Serve this red lentil Bengali masoor dhal dish with Indian basmati rice or Indian lemon rice, and of course, scoop it all up with some homemade. Bangladeshi Recipe-Red lentil with Bottle gourd & Prawn/ Masoor-Lau- chingri #Reshmikitchenfoodnfun. Masoor dal is a spiced Indian lentil dish that's equal parts flavorful and cozy; serve with rice or naan bread for dipping.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food masoor chingri dum or red lentils with shrimps recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!