Capitol Hill Bean Soup.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, capitol hill bean soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Capitol Hill Bean Soup is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Capitol Hill Bean Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook capitol hill bean soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Capitol Hill Bean Soup:
- Prepare 1 pound of dried white navy beans, sorted of debris and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of (about 1-lb.) ham bone or uncured ham hock (I used the center bone with lots of meat from the ham dinner we had the day before).
- Take 2 1/2 quarts of water (10 cups).
- Make ready 1 of large russet potato (about 8 oz.).
- Get 3 cups of chopped celery (about 6 stalks).
- Get 3 cups of chopped yellow onion (about 3 medium onions).
- Take 1-3 of Garlic clove, minced.
- Make ready 3 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Take 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Instructions to make Capitol Hill Bean Soup:
- Place beans in a Dutch oven or large casserole; add water to cover, and soak 8 hours or overnight. Drain beans. Add ham bone and water. Cover and bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour..
- Rinse potato; pierce with a fork, and wrap potato in a paper towel. Microwave on HIGH until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes; peel and mash potato. Stir potato, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper into bean mixture; simmer over medium-low until beans are tender, about 1 hour..
- Remove ham bone from Dutch oven, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard bone and fat; dice meat, and stir into bean mixture. Top each serving with chopped parsley.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food capitol hill bean soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!