Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken. This Curry Turkey Soup hits the spot and great for using leftover turkey or chicken. This curry soup recipe is easy, healthy and delicious. This soup reminds me of the chicken soup my mother would make on cold winter days.
This Leftover Turkey (or Chicken) Soup makes a nice. Easy and healthy buckwheat soup or kasha soup making the most of any leftover chicken or turkey you might have during the holiday season. Raw buckwheat is pale while roasted is brown.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This Curry Turkey Soup hits the spot and great for using leftover turkey or chicken. This curry soup recipe is easy, healthy and delicious. This soup reminds me of the chicken soup my mother would make on cold winter days.
Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- Take of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- Take of Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces.
- Take of carrots, cut into chunks.
- Prepare of stalks celery, cut into chunks.
- Make ready of onion, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Take of poultry seasoning.
- Get of thyme, dryed.
- Prepare of black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- Take of whole garlic cloves.
- Prepare of ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST.
- Make ready of FOR SOUP.
- Take of butter.
- Take of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Get of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Take of celery stalks, sliced.
- Take of onion, chopped.
- Take of of garlic, minced.
- Take of 28 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Make ready of bok choy, chopped.
- Take of thyme.
- Get of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Make ready of lemon juice.
- Get of parmesan cheese.
- Take of or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup.
- Take of cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time..
- Get of low sodium chicken broth.
You could check the package to see if the seeds are roasted or not, but that is not always specified. This curried turkey soup made with leftover turkey is fashioned on a classic Anglo-Indian curried soup called "mulligatawny". Thanks Elise for the perfect soup to brighten a dreary winter day! I make this with rotisserie chicken or roasted chicken thighs, skin removed.
Instructions to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- FOR STOCK.
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat..
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids..
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait..
- FOR SOUP.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!.
The only way I like to make chicken soup IS with a left over chicken carcass. The roasting gives the soup a much better flavor however you really need to add a lot more seasonings including salt which I It makes a good stock but then why not just call it leftover roast chicken STOCK. Here, nine terrific soups to make with leftover chicken. From classic chicken noodle to fantastic a Vietnamese-inspired version, here are nine amazing soups that take advantage of leftover roast chicken. And while making roasted chicken is easy, you can also use a leftover rotisserie chicken for this soup.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!