Lentils with Rice. Remove from heat and stir in the well-browned onions. Fried onions are mixed with rice and lentils, and topped with yogurt or sour cream. Stir rice and enough water to cover into the saucepan with the lentils.
This is not a one pot one mush recipe! This is perfectly but separately cooked Lentils and Rice still all in one pot! Lentils, rice, veggies and LOTS of spices make this one-pot meal a dinnertime champion!
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, lentils with rice. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Remove from heat and stir in the well-browned onions. Fried onions are mixed with rice and lentils, and topped with yogurt or sour cream. Stir rice and enough water to cover into the saucepan with the lentils.
Lentils with Rice is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Lentils with Rice is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook lentils with rice using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Lentils with Rice:
- Prepare 1 cup of brown or green lentils.
- Get 2 of leeks, white and light green parts only, roots trimmed.
- Get 2 1/4 teaspoons of salt, more as needed.
- Get 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get 3/4 cup of long-grain rice.
- Take 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of ground allspice.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 4 cups of trimmed and chopped spring greens (chard leaves, spinach, kale, mustard green pr a combination (or 4 large onions).
This was just a warm bowl of hearty, vegetarian deliciousness. This lentils and rice recipe couldn't be simpler. Once your lentils and shallot are prepared, all that's left to do is cook your cauliflower rice. I love this combination of earthy lentils, sour tamarind and sweet dates.
Instructions to make Lentils with Rice:
- Place lentils in a large bowl and add warm tap water to cover by 1 inch. Let soak..
- Meanwhile, halve leeks lengthwise; run under warm water to release any grit. Thinly slice leeks crosswise.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crispy, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer half the leeks to a bowl to use for garnish and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt..
- Stir garlic into the pot with the remaining leeks and cook for 15 seconds until fragrant. Stir in rice and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in cumin, allspice and cayenne; sauté 30 seconds..
- Drain lentils and stir into pot. Add 4 1/4 cups water, 2 teaspoons salt, bay leaf and cinnamon stick. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Rinse greens in a colander and spread damp leaves over lentil mixture. Cover and cook 5 minutes more, until rice and lentils are tender and greens are wilted. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with reserved crispy leeks.
Different rices and brands require different ratios of rice to water. Typically for long grain and This is because this recipe uses canned lentils which, although you drain it, adds to the liquid while cooking. A few veggies, some rice, lentils and a savory vegetable broth combine to make this tasty side that's a definite keeper! Crumbled feta cheese is stirred in while the rice and lentils are still warm, adding a touch of creaminess plus a. Wash the dried Lentils and soak them for two hours.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food lentils with rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!